Jeff Sessions - Page 2 of 6

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken said he now believes - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Mar, 2017 - 9:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Top  Jeff Sessions Senator - USA Attorney General
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions
A Friend

Jeff Sessions - Page 2

Bounty,

Jeff Sessions talked to this Russian person, and others from other countries that we in the same position, due to his position in the Senate. He was not acting on behalf of the Trump campaign. The thing that isn't being reported is that this same individual met with other people in the Senate too, both Democrat and Republican. This Russian is an ambassador. This is how the press can slant the news to sensationalize a story. The question posed to him inferred if he did this for the Trump campaign… which he didn't. It's too easy to buy into this hysteria about how evil the Trump administration is. It is the news making this up for ratings.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2017 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Sessions Jeff

How do you know it wasn't about the campaign? This is why perjury is difficult to prosecute because you really have to pin down the person to their words. We do know Sessions was a surrogate for Trump and he is a senator, but it does not mean he did not use his position to make a connection. What was said needs to be known but the fact that there is so much connections to an enemy country has to make you wonder. Just reverse this… suppose instead of "Russia" we say "North Korea" then we can see how bad this is… the appearance of it all.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions
A Friend

Jeff Sessions History & Civil Business Politics

I feel that the Democrats are worried about Trump after that speech the other night. He is threatening to take away constituencies that Democrats have had for years. So here is more of the Russian stuff. I hope this country comes together. I don't feel the Democrats are worried about the Russian connection. It's all about politics. I didn't vote for him but just give him a chance. Many of his issues he wants to address the Democrats are supportive of. Instead of working together where they have common ground they just drag their feet and throw out the Russians and Hitler basically.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions
A Friend

Page 2 Sessions Jeff

Bounty,

It was his job to talk tot he Ambassador. This same person spoke to other Senators from both parties. The question was asked in the context of being a surrogate for the campaign. And if it was an Ambassador from North Korea, which it wouldn't be only because we don't have relations with them, then it would still be the Senators' job. They meet with officials from China, Russia, and 100 other countries. SOme of them are our friends and some aren't. I think though this is the point where we agree to disagree.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sessions Jeff

Sessions steps aside from Russia probe

US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to step aside from FBI inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in US election Ref. BBC.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions
A Friend

Jeff Sessions

I think he did the correct thing by stepping aside. I think the atmosphere is so toxic in Washington that either party will do or say whatever it takes to destroy someone for a little political gain. The Republicans did it for President Obama's eight years, Harry Reid did it by lying about Romney's taxes, and now the Democrats are trying to turn this into something more to hurt a man they called friend.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 3rd Mar, 2017 - 2:00am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions - Page 2

Attorney General Jeff Sessions defended his confirmation hearing testimony to Sen. Al Franken in a letter released by the Justice Department on Monday. He said it was “correct” to say he had not spoken with Russians in the lead-up to the election since he had not discussed the election. Further, he "Did not mention communications (He) had had with the Russian Ambassador over the years because the question did not ask about them."

In the letter, Sessions said that he "Spoke briefly" to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak on the sidelines of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July 2016 and that he met with Kislyak in his office in September.

He said he does not remember talking about the campaign.

"I do not recall any discussions with the Russian Ambassador, or any other representative of the Russian government, regarding the political campaign on these occasions or any other occasion," Sessions wrote. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Jeff Sessions Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken said he now believes that Attorney General Jeff Sessions committed perjury during his confirmation hearing when he did not disclose meetings with the Russian ambassador.

Sessions' response during the hearing to Franken's question about Russia and President Donald Trump's campaign was demonstrably false, Franken said Tuesday on CNN's "The Lead" with Jake Tapper.

"It's hard to come to any other conclusion than he just perjured himself," said Franken, a Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Ref. CNN.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Jeff Sessions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,