TTSPCA

Ttspca - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Jul, 2009 - 1:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Trinidad & Tobago Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2009 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

TTSPCA

TTSPCA

What is your review for Trinidad & Tobago Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2009 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

TTSPCA
A Friend

TTSPCA

I would love to hear both the good and the bad comments re: the TTSPCA. In order to improve the services/shelter any feedback would be appreciated.

18th Jul, 2009 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

TTSPCA Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Hi Sara I would like to know the following: If I call the TTSPCA and tell them I see a dog abandoned in "X" location, will they immediately come to pick it up? Will I have to pay for you guys to come? If so, if I do not have the money, what happens with the dog?

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2009 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

TTSPCA
A Friend

TTSPCA

Hi LDS_ forever: Unfortunatly the TTSPCA has only one vehicle and a limited amount of staff so picking up animals immediatly is very difficult, especially if the animal has been dumped in a open area (there have been many times that we have gone to catch an animal that we've had a call about and it has gone by the time we got there). If the animal is injured, you can call us, and even if we can't go, we will always try to get one of our volunteers in the area to help with the rescue, and; we will make arragements for them with a clinic or for them to bring the animal in. With regards to the payment, no, if you report an abondoned animal in your area, we will not charge, however, if you bring in an animal we do ask for a donation that will go towards the animals care ($30 tt for a puppy/kitten) ($125 tt for a dog) ($60 tt for a cat). We do this because (A) Many people bring in animals and say that the animal was found - when we know it was their dog/cat (cool.gif We do not receive any money from the Government and survive on donations. If the person says they can't pay the full price, we ask for a contribution, if they say they have no money, we will still accept the animal.

19th Jul, 2009 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

TTSPCA

Thanks for your reply in the other post and the more info here. I will be sure to call you guys if I see a stranded animal that needs care. Are the serious animal abuse laws in this country? We need something like animal abuse police.

19th Jul, 2009 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

TTSPCA

QUOTE (Sara)
If the animal is injured, you can call us, and even if we can't go, we will always try to get one of our volunteers in the area to help with the rescue...

Is this a new policy? I was not told this when I called during the Puppies in a Park case.

Rather off topic, but...
Sara: Please check your Intro Thread.

Indira, I agree with you about the animal police but I doubt even if there is a unit that does this it will be very overwhelming and therefore not effective.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

TTSPCA
A Friend

TTSPCA

Hi JB - We have linked up with another group (AWN) and this has increased our volunteer base for persons willing to help with rescues (not everyone can or will help try to catch feral animals). I'm not going to say that we will be able to help 100% of the time, but we will try.

20th Jul, 2009 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

TTSPCA Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

That is a good idea to team-up with other organizations to fulfill a greater purpose which in this case is to save the animals. I will also like to point out while I am here that pet owners need to do more to restrain their pets and not allow them to go around multiplying on the streets when you have no intentions of caring for the puppies / kittens that come after.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: TTSPCA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,