Excommunicate People Who Use Drug

Excommunicate People Drug - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 6th Aug, 2009 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Italy No joke
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2009 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Excommunicate People Who Use Drug

Catholic Church Will Excommunicate People Who use Abortion Drug in Italy

Rome, Italy (LifeNews.com) -- Following the Italian government's decision to approve the dangerous abortion drug RU 486 for sale nationwide, the Catholic Church says it will excommunicate anyone who uses the drug and physicians who dispense it. The Italian Pharmaceutical Agency approved the abortion pill on Thursday, resisting pressure from Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and pro-life advocates. "Human suffering cannot be treated this way," said Monsignor Elio Sgreccia of the Pontifical Academy for Life. "A woman cannot be helped in this way, mankind cannot be helped in this way and if it's true that we need new lives and more children, in this way we are going in the opposite direction." Surgical abortion is already legal in Italy and those who do them are excommunicated and Monsignor Sgreccia said the same rules would apply for the abortion pill. "For what concerns excommunication, there's nothing new, because it was applied for surgical abortion and it is applied for this kind of abortion too, because it's the action that puts the faithful against the church." The abortion drug will now be available in hospitals for those wanting to have an abortion up to seven weeks into pregnancy.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2009 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Drug Who People Excommunicate

I support my religion on this, abortion is murder although I disagree at the same time because I believe there are situations where it may be necessary. I spoke to our family priest and he wasn't happy about it, I am struggling over this and many other issues within the Catholic Church. Is anyone here experiencing something similar? I'm heartbroken.

> TOPIC: Excommunicate People Who Use Drug

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,