JB Introduction - Page 12 of 60

Well LDS is back on the network! It - Page 12 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Jul, 2004 - 4:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 60 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (60) »
Site Architect This is the Introduction Thread for JB started 11th Nov. 2003, 6:16pm. JB is also known as the "Site Architect" because in addition to being the Administrator of International Discussions he also codes, designs, maintains and runs many of the role-playing games you see here. Other things you may like to know about JB:
* About JB
* Help JB
* JB's Public Blog
* JB at JBorde.com (Videos)
JB is also the parent of three Autistic boys hence the reason for the image on this Thread.
JB Introduction Related Information to JB Introduction
  • Read My Blog - Requires Mature Status
  • Web Design Services - If you need to have your own web site
  • Please Donate and Support the work we do here. Premium Membership also allows you access to hidden features and Boards.
  • Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
    [?] CPosts: 38,041
    Flag Posts: 51,698
    Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
    Activity: 100%
    [+] Gain: 4,596.35 FP
    Charm: 394

JB Introduction - Page 12

Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing them start advertising / talking about it so I can get some feedback and referrals off of it.

Blog Read My Blog
    Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
    Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
    Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
    Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction JB

Some observations and comments:

1. If the Medieval RPG is to start then I think the more experienced players will have to make a conservative effort to start it. Posting one message then waiting a few days, then coming back and so on will not do it. Some one needs to take the leading role and treat the thread as you would something that is of interest to you - in other words, you would check it regularly and respond so that discussion continues - you do not necessarily have to wait for each individual to say something in order to move forward. I believe everyone is afraid to be the leader because of the work involved so I am thinking that maybe the players should come up with some sort of incentive - pay the leader some gold - offer protection - whatever, but it must be something that is worthwhile.

2. I was thinking of having voice database - you can send me a recording of your voice saying, "Hi, I am ......." and I will add it to a special page on the rave section. This way everyone can hear how you sound too - what do you think?

3. Let us not be afraid to give charisma, often I find myself being the only one doing it and there are members that give great contributions. I think newbies should get charisma just for keeping the rules and posting constructively while the older members can get charisma for great thought provoking posts. Personally I do not give charisma over 100.

4. You will have noticed my emphasis on the Premium membership as the Free section has more than enough already. Feel free to tell me other features that you would like to see or have to be a Premium member - I am interested to know. Those who like to advertise themselves and their sites should be especially interested as they will have places on here to place their banners, etc. We will be highlighting those more soon!

Blog Read My Blog
    Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
    [?] CPosts: 5,097
    Flag Posts: 7,087
    Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
    Activity: 24.1%
    [+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
    Charm: 301

JB Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Well, we've sort of casually agreed to wait to start until after the 4th of July holiday here in the U.S. ShadowNinja was going to be gone, Fugi wanted to wait, etc. etc. So that's the lag time right now. I do agree that it needs to start. It looks like it will be lots of fun with all the new players!! I'm very excited.

I personally wanted to wait until everyone interested in playing got a chance to vote on who would be leader. So that should happen soon. smile.gif

Luv ya JB/GM smile.gif
    Roz

Blog Read My Blog
    Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
    Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
    Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Me
    Diamond + G.I. Jane
    [?] CPosts: 3,057
    Flag Posts: 4,267
    Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
    Activity: 14.7%
    [+] Gain: 200.00 FP
    Charm: 183

Page 12 Introduction JB

Personally I do not give charisma over 100.

I wish you would reconsider this. It feels good to get charisma no matter how much you already have. It lets you know your post was appreciated by someone. It just gives a real good warm and fuzzy feeling. I give no matter the amount they already have, but I might be more generous when giving to the newer members. wink.gif

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
    Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
    Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction JB

Thanks for your reply Farseer I love you too wink.gif, but I think everyone underestimates what the camp is about. If the camp is utilized properly then you can save a lot of time during actual play. For instance here are some things that you all could start discussing that would actually stimulate a lot of interaction:

1. What have you bought, will it enable you to survive?
    2. What will be out tatics for attack?
    3. Should there be things we do not do to get us killed?
    4. Is anyone carrying too much or causing trouble?
    5. How much do you know about RPGs - in other words - what can we expect from you?
    6. Do you intend to stick with us? Should we make a party policy about posting and staying in touch rather than guess?
    7. Who is going to be voice for the group - who is intelligent, who is wise, etc.

The story does not actually have to start for everyone to begin having fun - the idea is to be imaginative - if everyone were gathered at the market place and getting to know each other - would you ask about their backgrounds? Their expectations, how you know they can be trusted, etc.?

Any response to my other points? Especially the idea of voice?

Tena, you would have to come really good before I give over 100 wink.gif

Blog Read My Blog
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
    [?] CPosts: 5,097
    Flag Posts: 7,087
    Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
    Activity: 24.1%
    [+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
    Charm: 301

JB Introduction

Oh, sorry! I skipped the voice thing -- I think that's a *great* idea! I would love to hear the voices of my Forum Family smile.gif

And I do try to give out Charisma points as often as I think is warranted, but I don't want to seem too "gushy" about it. I'll reconsider that one, and be more generous with them.

I'm enjoying my Premium Member status. Ahem. However, I'd like to point out one thing... you mention that Premium Members get 1,000 FP and 1,000 Gil.... biggrin.gif wink.gif

Roz

Blog Read My Blog
    Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
    Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
    Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
    Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JB Introduction - Page 12

you mention that Premium Members get 1,000 FP and 1,000 Gil

Yeah, that is for new signers wink.gif After all, I would not want to take away the blessing of you earning it. Have you tried the Raffle? By the way, I will be continually adding stuff, so look out for it.

As for the voice file please send it whenever you create it. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
    Post Date: 17th Jul, 2004 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JB Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 12

Well LDS is back on the network! It took me all night to bring it from incapacitated to operating and fully functional. What does that mean? My own computer back wink.gif Now I can put more posts and do even more upgrades.

*Oh I feel good... dum dee dum dee dee... you know that I should now... dum dee dumm dee dee*

Blog Read My Blog

> TOPIC: JB Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,