FarSeer Introduction - Page 90 of 94

I hope all the best for you on your move. - Page 90 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 24th Jun, 2011 - 12:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 94 pgs.  86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 
Moderator and Spelling Supervisor Watchout! One of the longest standing Members in the Community that has always remained active since joining. Voted Moderator of the Year 2005 and also received the Architects Award 2005.
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2011 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

FarSeer Introduction - Page 90

Unfortunately, my house lost more than half its value in the past 3 years since we bought it. I couldn't sell it if I tried. I have a couple of options, like a short sale or deed in lieu, both of which will affect my credit. I'm not happy about it, but I don't really have a choice -- except to stay put, but I don't consider that a choice anymore.

As far as my current job, they will not be happy to hear of my leaving, but they will survive. I'm giving a full month's notice so that they have some time to decide whether they are going to hire someone new or have my assistant move up to my position. (I don't think he's qualified for it, but that's beside the point.) I've already spoken to an employment agency and should have no trouble finding at least temp work until we get settled.

It's really sad that this nice little town has turned into such a bad place in such a short amount of time. I can't believe that the city would allow the exchange to happen, at the expense of the citizens.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2011 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction FarSeer

Maybe there will be something new and better in Sacramento that you couldn't get or achieve in your current place. After the move if you will be so kind I will like if you can start a thread about that exact town and if you can give some history on it - how it was and how it has become today.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2011 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

FarSeer Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Wow Farseer, for a moment I thought you was talking about Trinidad! I support 100% the move specially since it's only you and Julie. Do you have relatives in Sacramento? If you do, are you moving near them? What about school? (or do you plan to continue homeschooling?). I can imagine the mix of excitement and fear all at the same time! I wish you both all the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2011 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief

Page 90 Introduction FarSeer

JB - I will be sure to do that. I've actually already started researching it a bit.

LDS_Forever - One of my sisters lives there and she has a couple of teenagers (twins, actually) that are about a year older than Julie. She has other daughters, too, but they will all be away at college or married by the fall. I think one of them is going on a mission. And my mom is coming with us - can't leave her here all by herself! And my other sister in Tennessee may be moving to Idaho and would be a lot closer to us, too. One of my nephews lives in Reno, and his dad, my brother-in-law, lives in Minden. The only sad part is my son will stay in San Diego, so we won't get to see him very much. Not that we see him all that much now smile.gif

We're excited about it. I really do think the change will be good for us all. I've had several spiritual confirmations that everything will be all right, I just need to do my part and make sure nothing is left undone.

Today I checked the Megan's Law website for California sex offenders. The tiny little town we live in now has over 10% of the entire county's registered sex offenders, 319. Our new city will have only 0.3 percent 74, and the total population is twice the size. Ridiculous.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2011 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction FarSeer

At least you get to keep track of who your neighbors are, where we live you can never know who lives on either side of you. What is worst is the place is so small you cannot 'move' anywhere to get away from it.

I signed up the News Bot to start allocating news from Sacramento in particular. We cover a lot of Sand Diego and California in general but I like to have ground level news for our Members to comment on.

Good luck!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2011 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

FarSeer Introduction

Wow Farseer, so many sex offenders? I hope everything works out great for you and Julie. It's nice to know you're taking your mom with you and you will be closed to family. What about your studies?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2011 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief

FarSeer Introduction - Page 90

Thanks JB smile.gif LDS_Forever, there are 3 community colleges within just a few miles so I will continue my path to a degree. And my daughter says she wants to go to the public school system, but she will be more careful about her friends. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes ...

It's very exciting!

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2011 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

FarSeer Introduction
A Friend

FarSeer Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 90

I hope all the best for you on your move. While I did not make it to Sacramento I did make it to the bay area and cross the golden gate bridge. I hope that all goes well for your future.

+  « First of 94 pgs.  86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 

> TOPIC: FarSeer Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,