Agree or Disagree

Agree Disagree - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Oct, 2004 - 1:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Agree or Disagree
A Friend

Agree or Disagree

This is kinda fun, we did this in our French class last year and it was very interesting. SO this is how it works, below will be a few sentences, write whether you agree or disagree and suggest why you chose your answer, Now people can decided to challenge your answer as long as they bring up a good solid reason to challenge it. This is fun and brings out how each person may look at a situation differently.

1) Killing can never be justified.

2) Theres always a good reason to lie to a friend.

3) Angry words and  actions in todays entertainment feed people into killing others or themselves. ( music, t.v,movies or video games)

4) Battling what is given to you in life  is better then commiting suicide.

I think thats enough for now, I may change them to new question later. Have fun, I might put my ideas up later!

i didn't find anywhere else to post this topic

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2003 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Disagree Agree

1) Killing can never be justified

Disagree. Sometimes there is no other way, example: To defend yourself from somebody who tries to kill you first, if you have to kill an animal because there is not other source of food, a soldier to defend his/her country.

Disagree Lies never are a good reason.

3) Angry words and  actions in todays entertainment feed people into killing others or themselves. ( music, t.v,movies or video games)  

Hmmm this one is tough wink.gif I would say Agree because the question says 'Feed people into' and I think that even though we cannot fully blame the entertainment industry for the killings or violence, they 'feed' the minds of already sick people that fall in the trap and do crazy things later.

) Battling what is given to you in life  is better then commiting suicide.  

Agree. Suicide is never a solution but the end of anything. No matter what a person went through in life, they still can have a chance. When there is life, there is hope.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2003 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Agree or Disagree
A Friend

Agree or Disagree Health & Special Psychology

I've got to say that I cannot challenge anything, basically because I agree with everything that LDS had wrote.

20th Nov, 2003 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Disagree Agree

1) Killing can never be justified

Disagree. Just like LDS says sometimes there is a valid reason to kill.  Now if you had said murder, I would agree.  There is never justification for murder, but that is not the same as killing.

I have a problem with the word "always."  There may be times when there is a good reason to not be 100% truthful, like if your friend asks you how you liked the dinner she prepared for you.  I can't imagine saying anything other than it was delicious.  Yet I don't think there is "always" a reason to lie.  

I think it contributes.  The more we are exposed to something the more normal and acceptable it seems to us.  You can test this yourself.  Stay away from people who use foul language, use absolutely none yourself, and then a few months later put yourself in a situation where you know this language will be used.  You will find it offensive.  Yet, if you are around it everyday and use it yourself, you don't even notice it.    

4) Battling what is given to you in life  is better then commiting suicide.

Definately agree.  Nothing is insurmountable.  Some things are very difficult, but if you kill yourself life is over.  If you keep working the issue, eventually you will get past the difficulty and then you will begin to enjoy life again, which can't happen if you are dead.  

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2003 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Agree or Disagree
A Friend

Disagree Agree

Here is what i think!! Knowing LDS she may not agree with me at all, but this what its all about. (Agree or Disagree) lol

1) I Agree.... No killing of a human can never be justified, who are we to take a life of another?? We are not God, and because of that, we haven't any right to take such a beatiful thing... And no, I don't think that we are able to just go around killing animals either.. Just take what you need.. We were given animals for meat, but that doesn't mean that we should just kill for a sport.. If you like hunting, only take what you are going to use.. I'd agree with anybody who said killing can be justified.. Only if you show me where in the bible says that killing of a human is justified

2)I disagree...
I think honesty is the only way to make life run smoothly.. A friend is someone who trusts you and confides in you, why lie and break their trust in you??

3)I Agree.... I think the violence in entertainment has taken away our sensitivity to things, and so the killing you hear about, read or watch on tv, is no longer a huge deal.. It has stopped us from thinking of how others are feeling, the victims of murders or suicides.. But I don't think that entertainment is the only thing to blame... Altho, it can be misleading, and I think we need to be careful of what we think...

4) I don't think that God, or life, gives us more than we can handle.. We are also given people around us to help us bear our trials... Whether it is family, friends or if you have none, there are always proffesionals that have chosen their jobs because they want to help others.... School counselers, non profit organizations are out there with counselers also.. Pastors are there... But most of all, God above is always there.. And he will never let us down...

20th Nov, 2003 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Agree or Disagree

I'd agree with anybody who said killing can be justified.. Only if you show me where in the bible says that killing of a human is justified

Xtrasweet, there are numerous cases in the bible where killing was justified.  Read Deuteronomy Chapter 2 for an example where God's people killed with his permission.

To question 1 you say you agree.  The question was can killing be justified.  It said nothing about limiting it to humans.  Since you are willing to eat meat, it would seem you don't agree as you indicated, but you do believe killing can sometimes be justified, just not human killing.  Is that what you mean to say?  Does this also mean you don't believe in defending yourself?  So, if someone is trying to kill you, can't kill them to save your own life if it is the only way for you to live?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2004 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Agree Disagree

I thought about answering these, but the problem with a 'test' like this is you would have to first qualify each key word because words mean different things for different people. Here is an example:

In the first one 'killing' for a lot of people is the same as murder, but to kill and to murder are two different things. Look at how different it sounds when you replace the word 'killing' with 'murder':

1) Murder can never be justified.

> TOPIC: Agree or Disagree

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,