Food Stamps - Page 4 of 13

How can we refer to ourselves as a first world - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Mar, 2011 - 5:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »
USA Food Stamps
U.S.A. 34 million Americans receiving food stamps
11th Jan, 2011 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Food Stamps - Page 4

I like the part of using seeds as a potential food source.

There is always some underlying reason for these things. Perhaps by giving them the ability to 'buy what they want' keeps everyone happy and food suppliers do not suffer in bad times. After all if they could not buy junk then the junk sellers would lose a lot of sales. No sales equals no takes, no votes later.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2011 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Stamps Food

The reason according the the congress is that starting to specify exactly what could be purchased other than the very broad generic ways they have now would be too costly. I do believe it would initially be costly as our government is incapable of doing anything at a reasonable price, but actually in the end it would pay for itself.

11th Jan, 2011 - 6:13am / Post ID: #

Food Stamps Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have had this discussion with my girlfriend before and we did not see eye to eye. She is in the way of thinking that it is to much an invasion of privacy. That our government should not have control over what we can purchase with whatever money.

I am under the way of thinking that if you really need the food to survive (and that is what the stamps are for) there should be no problem with the government being able to see what you bought or limiting what you can purchase to a certain kind of food. As long as your not forced to live off of dog food or something I don't see the issue.

Same thing for child support. I think whoever gets that check should be monitored. If every time they get the check they buy drugs or items for themselves then they should be investigated.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 11th Jan, 2011 - 6:15am

11th Jan, 2011 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Stamps Food

If you wonder where the money goes, just think of all the things you own that requires a revolving fee that used to be for free (like TV), or was considered to be a luxury item 10-15 years ago, but are now considered to be necessary:
Cell phones
Internet
Cable/satellite/online movie sites, like Netflix or Hulu
These charges alone, seem small, but add them all up and you can quickly see what the problem is.

12th Jan, 2011 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Stamps Food

international QUOTE
She is in the way of thinking that it is to much an invasion of privacy.

It won't be an invasion of privacy if the government tells the food stores that they can't sell certain items using food stamps. Its just denial, no one is asking anything.

Haleray is right about the extra spending on everything else but the food.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2011 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Food Stamps
A Friend

Food Stamps

My grandparents have food stamps because they have a diseased daughter and they are retired. They give me the rest of the money they do not desire for my needs to eat, which is great. I love food stamps.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Feb, 2011 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Food Stamps - Page 4

ESD1:

I guess that is great, but I am sure that this was not what was intended by the food stamp program. If your grandparents have enough to take care of their daughter and gift you left-overs, unless you are a dependent of your grandparents, this would be in violation of the program.

9th Mar, 2011 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Food Stamps Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

How can we refer to ourselves as a first world nation and still have to give a very large percentage of population to buy food? Does that make sense to you? It doesn't for me!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Food Stamps

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,