Food Stamps - Page 8 of 13

Most food gets checked out through some kind - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 25th Jan, 2012 - 5:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »
USA Food Stamps
U.S.A. 34 million Americans receiving food stamps
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2011 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Food Stamps - Page 8

Thousands Line Up In Philadelphia For Food Stamps

Philadelphia Foodstamps Thousands of people in Philadelphia are waiting in long lines for aid due to losses caused by Hurricane Irene; however, there is a lot of confusion over who exactly qualifies Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2011 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Stamps Food

15% of U.S. Uses Food Stamps: Food Stamps And The End Of The American Empire
By Gregor MacDonald

Today, national figures for the SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) were released and, once again, hit a new record. Ref. Source 5

9th Dec, 2011 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Food Stamps Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Here is a very sad case of someone who really needed it and was denied:

international QUOTE
Mom Shoots Children and Kills Self After Being Denied Food Stamps
By RT

In a final and violent act of desperation, a 38-year-old mother in Texas bombarded herself in a welfare office on Tuesday after being denied food stamps. She took her own life and shot her two children before the stand-off ceased.  Ref.  Source 5

So sorry for the children, the one who should protect them ends their life instead.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2011 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Stamps Food

Perry: I don't have problem with drug-testing welfare recipients

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he wouldn't be opposed to welfare recipients also being drug tested, joining fellow candidate Newt Gingrich in suggesting that federal aid should be tied to substance use. Ref. Source 9

24th Dec, 2011 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Stamps Food

international QUOTE
In a final and violent act of desperation

I can't even imagine, how can someone do that. If she was that desperate why didn't she steal some groceries. Try begging, turning in cans, anything but horrifically killing innocent kids. There is no excuse for something like this.

There are shelters all over that will feed you until your fat. Granted it may not be the most delicious food you've ever had but it's pretty good.
Sounds to me like this "mother" had an addiction and was looking to get her next fix.

I think what a lot of people are missing about all of this assistance from our beloved government, is it's meant to keep the masses quiet. 99% of America is owned by 1% of America. It is impossible for most families to make it without food stamps even if they have a job.

12th Jan, 2012 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Food Stamps

international QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 14-Aug 09, 1:07 AM)
I wonder how food stamps work, do they have a list of items people can get? Can it be abused? As an example, can someone get lots of meats or the most expensive stuff only?

It can be abused. There are many on food stamps that buy very expensive cuts of meat, soda pop, chips and all sorts of snacks. Not really fair. If you are on food stamps you should be limited to what you can buy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jan, 2012 - 5:00am / Post ID: #
international QUOTE
Most illegal immigrants have no idea that a limited number of benefit programs don't exclude them, said Betsabe Pabón, director of the Food Stamps Program at the nonprofit Sunnyside Community Services in the New York borough of Queens.

By law, illegal immigrants are ineligible for food stamps - unless there is at least one U.S. Citizen in their household, which describes all U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants.

In many cases, illegal immigrants can also receive emergency medical treatment, short-term government disaster relief and immunization against communicable diseases. Their children can attend public schools.

There are loopholes...

Again, I like the spirit of the program. However, I am always concerned that dependence on programs like these take a toll on ones spirit of self improvement and personal responsibility. America has been known for the CAN DO spirit and attitude, but longterm dependence on programs such as these just allow people to become very complacent on governmental support or governmental guardianship.

To think that someone would turn down a promotion so that they can stay on food stamps is saddening to me. In the short term, they might have been better off financially by staying on the program. However, they are turning down a promotion to remain at least partially governmental dependent. Whatever kind of career that that promotion could have lead to or perhaps spun off a different career will never be realized because it was easier to remain in the program.

25th Jan, 2012 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Food Stamps Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

Most food gets checked out through some kind of computer scanner now so you'd think they would have some kind of process to tell patrons they cannot buy 'that' particular item using food stamps.

> TOPIC: Food Stamps

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,