District 9 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Sep, 2009 - 5:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

Video 2009
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2009 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

District 9

Jackson-backed sci-fi film opens at No1

With a comparatively low budget of US$30 million (NZ$44m) and little marketing, the Peter Jackson-produced sci-fi movie District 9 has opened at No 1 at the United States box office. Ref. Source 3

District 9
District 9 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Aug, 2009 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

District

I gotta admit that I did think the movie was low budget when I saw the trailer. Maybe its misleading I will have to see it to be sure but it will be nice to get an actuall review before I spend money on a movie ticket.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2009 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

District 9
A Friend

District 9 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I paid some money and saw this movie. I have to say it was well done. The aliens are very different than what we are used to but they are a thinking and biped race. I liked the way they did the movie and what it was based on. I will probably get this movie on DVD. I would rate it: 3 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p></div>

</div><div style=

9th Sep, 2009 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

District

I saw this finally and I have mixed feelings about it. First I was a bit bored by the stupid guy they had with the lead role. Then having the set in South Africa was a bit of a turn off. I mean like I have nothing against South Africa but the whole accent thing was not appealing for me. The movie started to get better as time went on. By the ending it really improved and got better and better. I ended up feeling sorry for the guy in the end. I wonder if the ending means there will be a part two.

15th Sep, 2009 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

District

District 9 is not just about aliens coming to earth, there is actually plenty of dual meanings relating to racism, unfair social ideals, love and the rest of it. If you stop looking for action alone and look for the theme then you can appreciate the movie, I think. I thought it was good.

16th Sep, 2009 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

District 9

You could be right about that rpgpundit but I'm never one for looking very deep into movies unless it's the Matrix trilogy, but this isn't anywhere near the coolness factor of the Matrix.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Sep, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

District 9

You can get many messages from a movie if you analyzed why they used certain backgrounds. I like to do that because it gives more meaning to what I'm watching.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2009 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

District 9
A Friend

District 9 Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I like finding mistakes in the movies. I think District nine did a good job and there were many hidden meanings.

+  1 2 
> TOPIC: District 9

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,