Low Self Esteem

Low Esteem - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th Mar, 2003 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
[Psychology] How can I get it up and make it stay there so i can feel good about myself and others!
4th Feb, 2003 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem

If you were asked the question... "Whom would you like to be if you had the chance to be anybody?"

Our mind might be quick to choose a famous person, a rich person, or someone handsome or beautiful. Isn't it strange that we never say, "I would just like to be my best self."

Most of our life is set on being something that we are not, so when we don't 'turn out' to be like that 'someone else' we are disappointed. If we spend more time developing ourself within our capacity to grow then we will see just how rich our life is, how beautiful we are and how important we are in this big wide world.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2003 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Esteem Low

That's soooo true. I never thought it in that way, we always want to be more rich, more beautiful just because that's the standards that the world says are a sign of 'success' when in fact they're not.  If we just focus on ourselves more, trying to develop those qualities that we like in others, maybe we will achieve the complete happiness we are looking for and develop a love for ourselves that nobody can take away from us.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2003 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem Health & Special Psychology

love thyself as thy nieghbour or love thy nieghbour as thyself well yes it sounds quite good from both angles but how often do you knock your own fence down or complain about your own music being too load ? its not always easy.......

19th Feb, 2003 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Esteem Low

love thyself as thy nieghbour or love thy nieghbour as thyself well yes it sounds quite good from both angles but how often do you knock your own fence down or complain about your own music being too load ? its not always easy.......

No, nobody says it is easy smile.gif but there are so many things to improve within ourselves, sometimes we don't even realize it.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Esteem Low

Well, I don't know.
I kind of like me.
Now I can think of people whose circumstances I might like to live under, but I think I would rather do it as myself.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem

I love myself, and I would never want to be anyone else, or change anything about myself. God made me this way and I love it.
I hope everyone else feels the same about their self, I hope you dont want to be any one else, but you!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2003 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Esteem

It may be that we never see the full picture.  We sometimes judge a person's success in life by size or shape. Or maybe ability to flirt, speak, or lead. Unfortunately sometimes we are our own worst enemies- espically when we compare our faults to someone else's strengths. I think we tend to be unfair with our selves.

18th Mar, 2003 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Low Esteem Psychology Special & Health

Yes we do and that's because like you mentioned we tend to judge the success on people based on what the society describes as succesul and in my opinion what the society see as succesful people are not. If a guy has a great car and all the money, it's just a guy with a car and all the money to me? what he should be succesful? Success to me is seeing at home, his family, his personal standards, the way he treats other people...those kind of things. Money, anybody can have money...that's nothing.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Low Self Esteem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,