Is having a pet in the home essential?

Is Pet Home Essential - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Mar, 2003 - 10:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
6th Mar, 2003 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Some people love pets so much that they tend to treat them better than they do other humans. Some people cannot exist without their pet with them, they carry their pet to work, for fun and even when they travel by plane! What are your feelings on pets in a home? Are they essential to helping everyone feel more at ease?

[hr]

Also, below are some articles on pets:

From Deseret News:

PETS: PURR-FECTLY MATCHED
Do families need pets? Ask this question of an animal lover, and you might as
well ask if his family needs food or shelter. Many families consider pets
essential to their quality of life.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...31065%2C00.html

PETS HELP KIDS CONNECT TO THE EARTH AND OTHER LIVING THINGS
Animals, says Shawnie Lee, give families "an opportunity to touch life in
healthy ways. I want my children to connect to the earth, to understand gardens
and growing things, but I also want the animals. They play so many roles, both
emotionally and physically."
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...31078%2C00.html

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU?
Where will your pet spend most of its time? Do you have enough space? In the
case of a dog, will it get enough exercise and can you secure it on your
property?
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...31072%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2003 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

essential home the pet having Is

oh yes, pets are great!!! specially dogs. They cheer you up when you feel down, taking care of them release so much tension and stress, not to mention that most pets are very loving creatures. When I had dogs in Argentina they were so spoiled, they used to love eat spaguetti and when mom used to bake chicken they used to go crazy for the smell! smile.gif
Pets are great, did you all know that animals also help as a medical therapy for handicapp kids? Those who kids who suffer of autism or other kind of problems, when they make therapy with pets, it was proved that they have improved so much!. Therapy with dolfins are very known in the USA.
I LOVE pets! ;D

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is having a pet in the home essential? Health & Special Psychology

ABSOLUTELY!!
Miss November, Penthouse Pet of....
Oh you meant animals????

Well in that case...

I have read all that stuff about fish, cats, etc.
The only animal I ever related to was horses. I raised horses for years, and developed bonds with them I never thought possible.

I am not ordinarily an animal person and don't keep them.

My sweetie, on the other hand, has two cats, and I swear they look after her. They bring her great joy and they communicate (I suppose telepathically)

7th Mar, 2003 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

My sweetie, on the other hand, has two cats, and I swear they look after her. They bring her great joy and they communicate (I suppose telepathically)

Telepathically? OOOOOOOOOKAYYYYYYYYYYYY...:smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS
OK, I'm going to challenge you here. I see that you have doubts about animals being able to "read" or "understand" human thought or speech. Correct?

I am going to tell you a tale, that I give you my word is truth.

Years ago I lived in a remote area where there were few neighbors. The closest one had a beagle hound who came regularly to my home to 'hang out' with my then-wife's dogs.

I don't like dogs. And, as you may have figured out by now, I am a man of less than Ghandi-like patience.

I had a pair of gloves that I had left on the front porch. The beagle, being a playful sort, took one of them and hid it.

When I discovered it, I was infuriated. I looked at the dog and said, with great passion, "Dog, I'm going to KILL you".

I went into the house, got my rifle and came back outside.

The glove was there, the beagle was gone. I promise you that is a true story. That dog knew exactly what I was saying, and why.

8th Mar, 2003 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

And that's why you believe the dog understood you was going to kill him? Maybe someone heard you saying that and went and look for the glove and put it there while the doggie went to eat something wink.gif

Now, on a serious matter, you was really going to kill that dog because of that?????

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is having pet the home essential

There was no neighbor.
And I'm not going to answer the other question because you won't like me any more.

8th Mar, 2003 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Is having pet the home essential Psychology Special & Health

Oh brother :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif now, in a serious question do you think you have violent tendencies? because to get angry with a DOG for something like that and going to kill it...hmmm....think about it...

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Is having a pet in the home essential?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,