Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts Kindness - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Apr, 2015 - 2:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2003 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Random Acts of Kindness
A Friend

Random Acts of Kindness

I saw on the news about how some people perform 'random acts of kindness'.  Where someone does something thoughtful or helpful for another person.  Have you ever done something nice for someone?  Or helped someone that needed help?  i.e. you see someone whose car has run out of fuel.  Or seen someone who was a few change short on their groceries and offered the extra change to help that person out?  Or has anyone ever shown you a 'random act of kindness'?

I almost always stop and help someone whose vehicle has broken down on the side of the road, especially if they have children.  I have also helped out with the extra change a time or two in the checkout line in the grocery store.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2003 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Kindness Acts Random

Well, sometime ago I thought in doing something like that wink.gif and now you're remind me of that smile.gif Thanks.
When I was in Argentina two kids used to knock the door of my home and ask for food. I remember we (my grandmother and I) used to make big sandwiches for them to eat and we used to get a bag and put extra food for them to take home.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2003 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Random Acts of Kindness
A Friend

Random Acts of Kindness Health & Special Psychology

Cool, LDS.  :)  I also helped a lower income family in our neighborhood.  They were expecting a new baby and her husband didn't make that much money.   So, I gave them all of my lightly used baby stuff and clothes.  The smile on her face was just priceless and it made me feel all warm and 'fuzzy' inside.  :)  She kept trying to offer me some money for the baby stuff, and I told her to hold on to their money for other things they may need.  She just really couldn't believe that someone could actually give all that stuff away and not expect anything in return.  

4th May, 2007 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Kindness Acts Random

I was a witness to what I consider the most beautiful random act of kindness, ever done by anyone. I was sitting in a maxi taxi, all ready to go home. I remember gazing outside while waiting on other travellers to find a seat. I will never forget this sight. I saw a little girl (who looked about four years old) briskly walking up to several maxis. I was puzzled by the other drivers reaction towards her; they all chased her and some simply waved their arm signalling her to "get lost." I couldn't understand why the drivers were behaving like this and I almost got out to ask her what was wrong, until I clearly saw what the problem was. She approached the driver (of the same maxi taxi that I was sitting in) and held out her tiny hand. In those days, the cost to travel was $1.50 and she only had fifty cents. The driver told her to come in; she did, offered him the money and he gruffly told her: "No you keep it child, you may never know when you might need it!" I will never forget the expression on this girl's face! She smiled and gave the driver a big hug and softly said: "Thank you sir!" Now that is what I call a good samaritan!

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Kindness Acts Random

Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
-- George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2015 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Random Acts of Kindness

She paid for a family's groceries and got this heartwarming letter 2 years later

When Emily paid for the groceries of the family in front of her at the store, she didn't expect something back. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2015 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Random Acts Kindness

That's really gracious on both sides. Its good when people do random acts of kindness but its even more surprising when they return the same. It shows they were really appreciative of the kindness they received.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2015 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Random Acts of Kindness
A Friend

Random Acts Kindness Psychology Special & Health

I have had the pleasure of helping people out when I can. I have paid for a strangers groceries in a walmart before. The family was astonished and I just said you are welcome and walked away. I did not expect or ask for anything in return.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Random Acts of Kindness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,