Psychology - Control Your Emotions or is it Feelings?

Psychology Control Emotions Feelings - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Oct, 2021 - 4:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
23rd Jan, 2003 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

What do you do when that moment comes when the hammer just dropped on your toe… do you scream out, curse, hit the wall or simply ignore the pain and keep in control? Here are some thoughts on the subject:

international QUOTE

ANGRY? YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR RESPONSE TO THINGS THAT MAKE YOU MAD

Anger and contention have been human problems since the beginning of time. After all, says John P. Livingstone, look at the story of Cain and Abel. And sometimes you wonder if anything has changed.
Source 1

EMOTIONS ARE RESPONSES TO FEELINGS
Feeling is the father of emotion, says educator John P. Livingstone. Feelings well up internally as a result of something that stimulates a reaction. Emotions are natural responses to feelings. Negative emotions grow out of negative feelings.
Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2003 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Psychology -  Control Your Emotions or is it Feelings?
A Friend

Feelings it or Emotions Control Psychology

I never knew there was a difference between emotions and feelings.  They are used interchangeably.  You control the actions that your emotions/feelings first invoke.

24th Jan, 2003 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Psychology - Control Your Emotions or is it Feelings? Health & Special Psychology

international QUOTE
What do you do when that moment comes when the hammer just dropped on your toe… do you scream out, curse, hit the wall or simply ignore the pain and keep in control?

When something like that happens to me, I scream and say some kind of words in Spanish *laugh*. I HATE when someone listened to me screaming in pain and shout 'What happened? Are you okay' and I cannot answer it because of the pain and the person continues speaking and asking what's wrong, what's wrong, do you need help. I know that the person is trying to be helpful but it makes me mad because I cannot answer it until the pain is gone! *laugh*.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Isn't it subjective, I have feelings about things, but emotions about people.  I feel for animals, collecting, books, objects.  

But I have emotions toward people, I feel these emotions, but they don't control me anymore.  I am bypolor, I have good days and bad, I take meds for it.  I used to get upset over anything, loose control.  I would yell or cry or just go nuts.  But now I am in control, emotions can be controlled.  Feelings are less tenuous, they don't need that level of control.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2003 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why I simply smile, pet the dog and walk down the street, waving a cheery hello to all who pass by.

9th Mar, 2003 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I am bypolor, I have good days and bad, I take meds for it.

I think that my uncle who passed away almost a year ago had that… it was so hard to deal with him. I'm glad to hear you have meds for it and you're willing to help yourself. My uncle didn't want any help…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 10:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Psychology Control Emotions or it Feelings

The emotions we feel may shape what we see. Our emotional state in a given moment may influence what we see, according to new findings. In two experiments, researchers found that participants saw a neutral face as smiling more when it was paired with an unseen positive image. Source 5q.

4th Oct, 2021 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Psychology Control Emotions or it Feelings Psychology Special & Health

When something like that happens I just take control of my anger and go for a walk. I would pray to god and ask him to help me. I would also listen to music. I would not scream or say bad words.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Psychology - Control Your Emotions or is it Feelings?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,