Truly been a Friend? - Page 2 of 2

My ex-husband and I were best friends for - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Dec, 2004 - 9:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Dec, 2003 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Truly been a Friend? - Page 2

This topic makes me sad -- I've had some really great friends in my life and I've let most all of them slip away -- or pushed them away because I was not being a great friend. I have certainly learned from my expriences, and now that I've had several years with no major distractions I have done a lot of soul-searching and reviewing what has happened in my life. And I see the common thread to all those losses was *me*.

I do have one truly good friend I've known since my early 20's. She has never given up on me, though I have faded in and out of her life over the years. We have recently "reconnected" and I'm telling you she is awesome. And I've committed myself to be a much better friend than in the past -- not just to her, but to other people I have met more recently.

Marriage? I'll think about that after I get my life more in order than it is now. But yes, a best friend for a husband would be wonderful!

Roz

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2004 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Friend been Truly

My ex-husband and I were best friends for most of my marriage. All except maybe the last year. It really is great to be married to someone you consider a good friend. We did everything together and it was great. Did make losing him more difficult, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I don't understand couples that are married and share no common interests.

I have one friend I met 24 years ago when I was in the Marine Corps. I don't see her often now because she is still in the Corps and I am not, but when we do get together it is like we have never parted. Our friendship just picks up right where it left off. I seriously am considering retiring (many years from now) to whatever location she is living in at that time.

I also have one sister to whom I am particularly close. We were very close as children and then grew apart as adults. Recently, it has become apparent to me though, that our bond is still strong. She has been there for me in a way I would not have expected and I know in the past I have tried to be there for her as much as I could. I wasn't always 100% successful or the perfect sister, but I have tried.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Truly been a Friend?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,