Russia vs. Syria - Page 6 of 7

Agreed, if it goes south they will drop Syria - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Aug, 2017 - 4:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Syria vs Russia
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria - Page 6

Russia is at a dead-end in Syria. Russia is struggling and failing to find a way out of the Syrian quagmire. Source 6j.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Syria vs Russia

Yes, Russia is suffering the same problem as the USSR, they don't really produce much. They have scads of natural resources that they send to countries that do produce things, but the prices of natural resources fluctuate so much that basing an economy off of them is a disaster that already happened. So, by getting stuck in Syria's quagmire they are spending money they don't have. We'll see how long this can last.

26th Jul, 2017 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria History & Civil Business Politics

Let the Russians have Syria, once they start encountering those jihadists making targets of their troops they'll eventually leave like they did in Afghanistan.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2017 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Page 6 Syria vs Russia

They are completely different environment and different people too. Comparing them would be like apples and Cadillacs, completely different. I don't think the Russians would leave Syria all that quickly. It is too strategically important. And, they won't bleed like hey did in Afghanistan.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Syria vs Russia

While Russia seems to be in Syria for a long duration right now I doubt that they will stay there long term. I believe once this civil war is done and ISIS is also taken care of like the USA, Russia will probably pull out of Syria.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Russia vs. Syria

KN,

Maybe, but my guess is they may stay. I say that because unlike us, they don't have access to a port in the Mediterranean. Syria provides them with that, which allows them to field a Mediterranean naval squadron. That'll make Putin feel important.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Russia vs. Syria - Page 6

Even if they had a port on the Mediterranean sea I doubt that will be a reason to stay in Syria. As long as they have a status with the Syrian leadership like they do now they should have no issues having a port of call there at any time. Now if things go south for them with Syria as it still could any base or presence they still have in Syria would become a target.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs. Syria
A Friend

Russia vs. Syria Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Agreed, if it goes south they will drop Syria like a hot potato. As for the port of call, I don't think they're looking for that. They are looking for a base they can develop to accept a Mediterranean squadron full time. Much like we have Naples in Italy and Souda Bay on Crete. It would be a point of honor for him. Plus, an air base would allow him to contest the eastern Med if he felt the need.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Russia vs. Syria

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,