Increase Of Property Tax

Increase Property Tax - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th May, 2017 - 11:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trinidad Tobago Necessary?
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2009 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Increase Of Property Tax

Increase Of Property Tax

What are your thoughts about the government's desire to increase property tax in Trinidad & Tobago?

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2009 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Tax Property Increase

There are land and building taxes / house rates that people pay yearly to the regional corpoartions to form revenue for the Government. I do not understand why if the property is owned by the individual/ company then why does the government have to implement a tax on an asset that is not owned or maintained by them

12th Sep, 2009 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Increase Of Property Tax Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

They have a seven billion dollar debt from building tall buildings in Port of Spain so guess who has to foot the debt after we already paid for the tall buildings.

23rd Sep, 2009 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Tax Property Increase

Rather off topic, but...
I believe that this government does not care about the people in Trinidad and Tobago. First they wanted to shut down the foreign used cars by allowing the dealers to bring in a certain number of cars. The excuse was there were too many cars on the road. But they never thought that people would love to have their own car rather than depend on transport.

Now property tax. This is going to discourage people from owning their own home. I am wondering how are the poor people going to survive. They could barely get food on the table and now they have to worry about paying an annual property tax! This tax does not make any sense at all! I suppose that the government believes that once you own a house, you could afford a property tax. Why don't they apply this tax on construction companies like HCL and leave the home owners alone?

26th Sep, 2009 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Tax Property Increase

I just thought of something. Instead of applying this property tax to everyone, why doesn't the government tax people who are land owners who do not maintain (that is, keep the grass short) their land? Believe me, the government would make a lot of money because I have seen many people who own acres of land and never bother to maintain it. Even if it is on the market.

27th Sep, 2009 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Increase Of Property Tax

The government's response to citizens complaint about the Property Tax - we are ignorant. How do you like that? I do not see anything ignorant about paying more money. Paying more money means higher rent and other goods - yet another excuse for prices to raise.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Feb, 2011 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Increase Property Tax

I cannot believe what I read. The Oppositional Leader (Rowley) wrote in one of the social networks that he has in his power a draft bill (Lands and Buildings Taxes Bill for 2011). In this new bill, they will increase the tax on residential to 7.5% of the A.R.V (Annual Rentable Value) and the Minister of Finance has the power to increase that up to 10%!

What kind of madness is this? So during election them complaining the PNM wanted to raise it to 3.5% and they want to increase it up to 10%?

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Increase Property Tax Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Long lines at property tax offices. As the May 22 deadline approaches, citizens are joining long lines to submit property tax documents. Tobagonians were yesterday trying to file documents from as early as 6 a.m. Outside the Ministry of Finance Valuation Division. The Express observed scores of residents outside the Valuation Office. Ref. Source 2g.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Increase Of Property Tax

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,