Nephilim

Nephilim - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Sep, 2009 - 2:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2009 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Nephilim
A Friend

Nephilim

I've always wondered about the "giants" and "nephilim" and other events just before the great flood. I found this. Its an article written by Hugh Nibley on LDS.org:

"The wickedness of Enoch's day had a special stamp and flavor; only the most determined and entrenched depravity merited the extermination of the race. In apocryphal Enoch stories we are told how humanity was led to the extremes of misconduct under the tutelage of uniquely competent masters. According to these traditions, these were none other than special heavenly messengers who were sent down to earth to restore respect for the name of God among the degenerate human race but instead yielded to temptation, misbehaved with the daughters of men, and ended up instructing and abetting their human charges in all manner of iniquity. They are variously designated as the Watchers, Fallen Angels, Sons of God, Nephilim, or Rephaim, and are sometimes confused with their offspring, the Giants. 307 Other candidates for this dubious honor have been suggested by various scholars, the trouble being that more than one category of beings qualify as Fallen Angels and spectacular sinners before the time of the Flood. 308 The Bible uses the title sons of God."

from

Source 2

Anyone have any input?

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2009 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Nephilim

Hi Spencer, interesting words of Hugh Nibley. We have a similar thread here for your consideration:

Angels Mating With Humans?

29th Jul, 2009 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Nephilim Studies Doctrine Mormon

My dear brother Spencer this topic always caught my interest I'm glad you brought it up. I wonder if these giants were actually giants or is just one of those words missed in translation?

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2009 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Nephilim

Name: Randy

Comments: There have been skeletons of humans found that measure as much as 18 feet in height. Two skeletons measuring that height were recently found in Egypt near the great pyramid of Giza. Giant artifacts have been found all over the whole. Many of these rest in museums as antiquities of unknown origin. The Nephilim, the children of the fallen Watcher's, engaged in all manner of evil practices, even cannibalism.

Source 1: "Genesis 6 Giants by Stephan Quayle
Source 2: "The Black Awakening" by Rus Dizdar

> TOPIC: Nephilim

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,