Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 5 of 13

QUOTE I think what happens often is a couple - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Feb, 2005 - 8:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »
love How do I know if I am in love or in lust?
2nd Dec, 2003 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 5

Wow, Xtrasweetgirl do I have to call you a 'scholar' now? wink.gif Great info! keep posting them smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust
A Friend

Lust and Love Difference

"love believes all things" - Love trusts. Plain and simple. Love does not expect there to be any lies, love is able to believe without question. This is one thing that a lot of people struggle with since lies are so acceptable in our society today. But love does not even begin to think about there being lies, love assumes there wont be any. Which is a good assumption, if it is truely love there will be NO lies. But this is also saying that there will be things that you wont want to believe, but if it is true love it you will believe them without question.
c. "[love] hopes all things" - Hope is an optimistic word, meaning it looks for the good in the future. Love hopes all things. If it sees good that come from the relationship love is willing to work to get it there. Love believes it will happen and not just kind of want it to happen, love hopes and believes all things.
d. "[love] endures all things" - Love is willing to work it out. Love does not quit when times get hard. If it is true love it WILL NOT QUIT not matter what. It says love endures ALL things, not just some or most but ALL. This little section is also saying that love is going to go through hard times that will make you want to quit, but true love wont quit. True love will work it out no matter what the cost or how hard or impossible it seems. Don't get me wrong here, there are instances where you need to get out of a relationship (i,e abuse) but if that is happeneing it isnt love anyways. If it is true love you will work it out no matter what the cost or how hard it will be. Love sticks together!

Well that's my 2 cents on love. If you've got any questions or comments, let's hear em!

9th Jan, 2004 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Love is good and lust is bad.  No exceptions....

I must disagree with this statement. I don't think lust is bad at all. I think it is a good thing and a necessary thing in a good relationship. However, it cannot and should not be the basis of the relationship.

Now, I have experienced love in my life. I found everything more enjoyable when I did it with that person. I never felt the need to get away from that person and have my "space." I really just wanted to be with them whenever I could. Everything was better because of their existence in my life. To me, that was definately love. I also happened to feel lust for them and I am not sure which came first, I must admit, but I am sure they were both a part of the relationship.

Now, I do believe you can have love without lust. For example, I love my father, but there is no lust. However, I hope that there is lust in a marriage because I think it adds to the one side of the relationship, but lust can't be the foundation of a marriage. In my opinion.

9th Jan, 2004 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Lust and Love Difference

I think it is a good thing and a necessary thing in a good relationship.

spock.gif Eh? Can you elaborate on what the definition of lust is for you?

9th Jan, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Lust and Love Difference

My definition of lust is when you find someone sexually attractive. You want a physical relationship with them. To me that is lust. It is different from love and separate. I think you can be in lust and not in love and also in love and not in lust. I think it is good in a marriage to have lust, but not as the foundation. I think you can love someone and not find them sexually attractive, but I am not sure it is best in a marriage. Of course, I am don't consider myself an expert on a good marriage that is for sure!

9th Jan, 2004 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust

I understand what you mean, I would normally refer to that using words like, attraction, crush, infatuation, adoration and stimulation. For me lust is a deception of love because it is usually disguised to 'feel' like and 'look' like love, these thoughts are based on how the world refers to 'love' which is in fact 'lust'.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jan, 2004 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Difference Love & Lust - Page 5

I agree with you. I think what happens often is a couple find each other sexually attractive and mistake this for love. They have nothing in common. No common interests even, yet they stay together as a couple professing love. How can this be? I know of many couples where the only thing they seem to share is a bed. I these cases I believe they are more in lust than in love. I think this is what I was trying to say in my previous post.

13th Feb, 2005 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Difference Love & Lust Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

I think what happens often is a couple find each other sexually attractive and mistake this for love. They have nothing in common. No common interests even, yet they stay together as a couple professing love. How can this be?

This is very true and very common these days. They think it is love just because it "feels good" but it is far from being love. I think sexual attraction is a very important ingredient on a marriage, yet not the main one.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Difference Between Love & Lust

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,