Do You Believe In Dreams? - Page 6 of 8

Every person dreams every night. It is just - Page 6 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 7th Sep, 2006 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  Do Believe In Dreams
19th Dec, 2005 - 9:48am / Post ID: #

Do You Believe In Dreams? - Page 6

Dreams, what an interesting topic, I do believe that dreams can be visions of the future, but that is only one small aspect of dreaming. I believe that dreams can be a sort of communication with the dead,

QUOTE (ReneeisXena)
After he died I would often dream that he was still alive. In the dream I would tell him, "You're not suppose to be here. You're dead." He would just smile at me.

I hesitate to assign certain meanings to certain objects in dreams. People say if you dream you are falling and you hit the ground you will die, not true, I have hit the ground on more than one occasion and lived.

The strangest dream I have ever had was one where I was swimming in a pool, I was holding my breath underwater and all of a sudden there was a hand on my head and I couldn't get out. Finally I couldn't hold my breath any longer and I inhaled the water. Lo and behold, I could breath underwater.

Offtopic but,
Has anyone else had "lucid" dreams? These are dreams where you realize that you're dreaming. You can actually take control of your dream with your conscious mind. Only problem is that when your conscious mind starts having activity it it impossible to stay asleep.

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2006 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Dreams In You Do

I understand that you say you hit the ground in your dream but did you actually see yourself hit the ground? That is the way that I have always been told about that particular dream if you see yourself hit the ground and die then you die.

As a child I used to be able to lucid dream. I could actually even pull things into my dreams with me to protect me when I was having nightmares. It has been a long time since I have done that.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Do You Believe In Dreams?
A Friend

Do You Believe In Dreams? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

QUOTE (Tastanagee @ 19-Dec 05, 4:48 AM)

Offtopic but,
Has anyone else had "lucid" dreams? These are dreams where you realize that you're dreaming. You can actually take control of your dream with your conscious mind. Only problem is that when your conscious mind starts having activity it it impossible to stay asleep.

Yes, I had lucid dreams several time when I was a teenager.
I could see any details of my room, the table, chairs, window in a blue light.
On the chair was a cat, my cat, looking at me whith wide open eyes.
I tried to move my body to stand up but it was imposible, like the body had been disconected from the brain. The more I tried, the worse it was.
Short after that, I could wake up from that dream and "¦the cat was still there.

Other time I tried to shout whith open mouth and an awful sound (heard by my mother) came out.

Years after I red in a book of Psycology that this kind of dreams are known, no explanation was given, and never found more about.

Reconcile Edited: Steve on 2nd Feb, 2006 - 8:50pm

26th Feb, 2006 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Dreams In You Do

I have had several dreams come to pass, that is why today's dreams scare me allot. I guess as you get older your dreams are more crazy., but then they can tell you things as well. At times I get terrified at some of the dreams I have and so I need to move to different beds, and hope that a different position causes a different dream style.

26th Feb, 2006 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Dreams In You Do

I think that your brain does have to re-run events through, whilst you are still sleeping, and these come out as dreams.
About 4 weeks ago, I was feeling really ill,with a nasty virus, I lost loads of weight, and couldn't get out of bed. I just had to sleep it off for 3 days.
Right in the middle of this time, whilst asleep I was "visited" by my Grandma who died 6 years ago. She put her arms around me and gave me a great big hug, and told me that she loved me, then went.
I was really freaked out!
I still can't make my mind up whether the dream was 'real' or not, but the next day, I was watching a documentary on tv, and really strangely, it was a man who kept having 'visitations' from his dead grandmother, and the situation was put down to the Grandmother protecting the man.

If this is the situation, I feel a lot happier about it, and can cope with that. It makes sense to me too, as my Grandma and me were really close too.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2006 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For the last months I have been dreaming almost every night, and the dreams always feel very real even thou they are unrealistic and crazy.

I recently learned that people mostly dream in black and white! I have never dreamt in black and white in my whole life, I always dream in color. What about you guys?

I have also had a number of what you call "lucid dreams" in my life, and almost always when I try to controll my dream in a certain way I wake up. Most times when I have had a lucid dream its been when I fall asleep in the middle of the day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Apr, 2006 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Do You In Dreams - Page 6

I have never had a lucid dream but have had a dream where I was running in a forest barefoot from something scary although it never caught me I was still scared. At the end of the forest was my house and inside was my family and as soon as I seen them It was like I wasn't scared anymore. I also had a dream where my brother and I were playing around some cinder blocks and all of a sudden my brother was engulfed by some green goo and he vanished into the cinder block. The next day I had a conclusion of that dream where I went back the next day with my mother and he tried to get away from the goo and reached for my hand but was pulled back in before I grabbed him. I cried my eyes out and my mother just stood there. What I realized from my second dream is that my brother was supposed to move away from me but he still wanted me to be near him. Today my mother and brother live four states away and my brother loves me dearly and tries to talk to me all the time and my mother just sens me cards every once and a while. I truly feel that my brother misses me dearly.

Reconcile Edited: glyphfury on 5th Apr, 2006 - 8:07pm

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2006 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do You In Dreams Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 6

Every person dreams every night. It is just simply something that your brain does naturally. However, we do not remember the majority of the dreams we have. I do not know the reason, but I do know that the dreams I have been able to remember were always "special" to me. I know that many times dreams can be telling us something, whether it is about the here and now or the future.

I am adopted and have had dreams of my birth family all my life. I wonder what that means.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Do You Believe In Dreams?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,