Second Skin

Second Skin - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

World of Warcraft
4th Apr, 2010 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Second Skin

Second Skin is a documentary about the effect of online games can have on people. It focuses on EverQuest and World of Warcraft in particular as games that drive current day addictions. It is a good look at how you can lose touch with reality and substitute the real world for an online world.

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2010 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Skin Second

I saw this, it was a couple years ago I think. What stood out to me was these guys were total geeks I mean complete nerds by whatever definition you can think of what a nerd can be. I don't want to say they were losers or rejects but you know they were not the typical guys you would normally pick for social hangouts. I got the impression they use online gaming to cover their behinds for lack of social skills you know like actually speaking to people face to face, going out bowling, doing something physical.

4th Apr, 2010 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Second Skin Sports & Fashion Music Movies

What stood out to me as ridiculous is when the guy with a pregnant wife, having twins by the way, took vacation off of work to ensure he would be able to stand in line to get the latest release of World of Warcraft. His wife was not happy about that, she was hoping he would use his vacation time to help her with the twins when they came. That is what I call addicted as in similar to heroine addicted.

Second Skin
Second Skin (Hover)

4th Apr, 2010 - 5:16am / Post ID: #

Skin Second

I did see this film and can respect the guys in it. They may be nerds but who says they are not sociable. Most of them seemed more than normal I think. Everyone has their little group of friends that go to bars, watch football, read the bible, or whatever.

What I walked away with from the film is that WoW players are people just like everyone else. They are not the teenager anymore, they are the family man and the common 9 - 5 worker. Instead of going bowling, fishing, playing poker, they sit around and play WoW with one another.

I find that pretty cool that these guys can come together in that way. I quess what I am trying to say is the bond between the WoW players struck me as very human and real.

9th Aug, 2010 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Skin Second

Man those guys were way too spaced out on this game. It was cool that the one guy quit and made a recovery because he was going to end up like a bum if he didn't stop.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2010 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Second Skin

Second Skin takes an intimate, disturbing look at three sets of computer gamers whose lives have been transformed by the emerging genre of computer games called Massively Multiplayer Online games (MMOs). World of Warcraft, Second Life, and Everquest allow millions of users to simultaneously interact in virtual spaces. Second Skin introduces us to couples who have fallen in love without ever meeting, disabled players whose lives have been given new purpose, those struggling with addiction, Chinese gold-farming sweatshop workers, wealthy entrepreneurs and legendary guild leaders-all living within a world that doesn't quite exist. Second Skin focuses on a couple who met in a virtual world, an addict whose life was ruined by MMOs, and a group of MMO gamers who spend most of their lives inside virtual worlds.

Second Skin
Second Skin (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Second Skin

Second Skin

What is your review for the movie documentary called, "Second Skin" about virtual reality games?

Second Skin
Second Skin (Hover)

> TOPIC: Second Skin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,