Mackenzie Phillips

Mackenzie Phillips - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 24th Sep, 2009 - 2:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th Sep, 2009 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Mackenzie Phillips

She wrote a book where she made a shocking confession: She revealed she had a long-term consensual incestuous relationship with her famous father, musician John Philips.

international QUOTE
Phillips, the 49-year-old former child star and daughter of the Mamas and the Papas founder John Phillips, says she had sex with her father the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979, according to People.com.

"On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it," writes Phillips, who was 19 at the time and a heavy drug user, according to People.com. "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed."

Phillips, best known as Julie Cooper on the sitcom "One Day at a Time," says the sexual relationship became consensual as her life began to spiral out of control.

During her time on the hit CBS comedy, which ran from 1975 to 1984, she battled drug addiction and underwent drug rehabilitation. She later was fired from the show in 1980 because of her drug abuse. Video Watch Phillips discuss her arrest »

Eventually, she and her father went to rehab together and she later toured with him in a band called the New Mamas and the Papas, according to People.com.

"I was a fragment of a person, and my secret isolated me," she writes, according to People.com. "One night Dad said, 'We could just run away to a country where no one would look down on us. There are countries where this is an accepted practice. Maybe Fiji.' "

Phillips will reportedly unleash the secret she has kept to herself for 31 years in an interview on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" scheduled to air Wednesday. Phillips' book, "High on Arrival," comes out the same day.

Phillips has led a troubled life that has included substance abuse and a 2008 arrest at Los Angeles International Airport on suspicion of cocaine and heroin possession.

She later pleaded guilty to one count of cocaine possession and was ordered to a drug rehab program.

The interview features Phillips discussing the time she spent hiding in her home, compulsively purchasing items from a television shopping channel as well as the events surrounding her arrest....

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2009 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Phillips Mackenzie

I just watch Phillips on Oprah. She became pregnants and wasn't sure if her father was the father or not. He paid for an abortion and she said that after that, she didn't allow her father to touch her ever again. She also talked about her drug use. This is really sad. I think she said she was 11 the first time she had cocaine, given to her by her father. She has been clean for a year. I hope she is able to stay that way.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2009 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Mackenzie Phillips
A Friend

Mackenzie Phillips Sports & Fashion Music Movies

That is a very interesting story. I hope that now she stays clean and get on with her life. I believe she could still be a nice actress.

> TOPIC: Mackenzie Phillips

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,