Woman Gives Birth to 19.2 Pound Baby

Woman Birth 19 2 Pound Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 25th Sep, 2009 - 12:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Sep, 2009 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

My gosh, this baby is a GIANT! He is so absolutely adorable! I am glad to hear that despite the complications, he is doing fine.

international QUOTE
A woman in Indonesia has given birth to the country's biggest ever baby - tipping the scales at a whopping 19.2 pounds.

The 24.4-inch baby boy, who has not yet been given a name, was born by Caesarean section at a hospital in North Sumatra province.

A gynecologist who took part in the operation said the "special delivery" was no easy feat.

"This heavy baby made the surgery really tough, especially the process of taking him out of his (mother's) womb. His legs were so big," Binsar Sitanggang said.

The boy's huge size was most likely the result of his 41-year-old mother having diabetes, Sitanggang said.

When a diabetic mother's glucose level is high during pregnancy, the baby can receive too much glucose and grow too large, gynecologists say.

The boy's mother had to be rushed to hospital because of complications with the pregnancy...

Woman Gives Birth to 19.2 Pound Baby (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2009 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Baby Pound Birth Woman

He's a giant! I could only imagine what it might be like to try and bottle feed a baby that size. I wonder if he just got very large in the womb or if he may have that disease that causes people to get very large. We might be seeing the next tallest man of the world.

25th Sep, 2009 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Woman Gives Birth to 19.2 Pound Baby Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The mother is diabetic and babies usually absorb a lot of the glucose that's why the baby is so big.

> TOPIC: Woman Gives Birth to 19.2 Pound Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,