The Death Of Dimebag Darrell - Pantera, Damageplan

- Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th Jun, 2010 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2005 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've been listening to Heavy Metal and rock since I was a kid and grew up listening to Pantera they were one of the first bands I got into and I know the same is true for alot of other metal fans so when I heard Dimebag Darrell their guitarist had been shot at a concert I was quite upset, personally and for the music world in general for losing a genuinely good guitarist, Would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2005 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Damageplan Pantera Darrell Dimebag Death The

While I'm not a huge Pantera fan, I was very disturbed to find out that he was shot. Usually you hear about rockstars killing themselves, not being shot by others. Being shot at a concert makes it even more shocking. Have they found out why he was shot?

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2005 - 9:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Death Of Dimebag Darrell - Pantera, Damageplan Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well the police shot the guy dead at the scene so I guess we'll never know for sure, but from what I've read he pretty much fitted the stalker stereotype ex military loner, obsessed with firearms and pantera! Apparently he ran onstage at the Damageplan gig shouting "you split up Pantera" before he opened fire, he was obviously just a disturbed Individual! it is Horrible you hear of people shooting each other on the rap scene all the time but not the rock scene, I recently read about a shooting amongst the crowd at a different bands gig, I hope this isn't the start of a new "trend"

27th Jul, 2005 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

I was incredibly saddened to here about this, Dimebag was one of my favorite guitarists, And your right you don't hear about this kind of thing on "our" scene it's a great tragedy and a loss to the music world!

27th Jul, 2005 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

While it is true that you don't hear about a lot of incidents such as these during rock concerts, etc, it wasn't surprising, at least not to me. As we all know, rock fans are very die-hard ones, more so than rap fans, in my opinion. A rock group is almost like a family for most fans, and when one of them leaves and starts a new band (which I must say is happening much too often these days), its like a divorce in a family. I can see people taking these split-ups very personally, and in this case, it would seem the individual took it upon himself to inflict justice on Dimebag Darrell. I'm not condoning what he did, just trying to lend some opinion on why it may have happened.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2010 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Pantera - Discography - Pantera was an American heavy metal band from Arlington, Texas, formed by the Abbott brothers, Vinnie Paul (drums) and "Dimebag" Darrell (guitar), then known as Diamond Darrell, in 1981.[1] Bassist Rex Brown would join in 1982, with vocalist Terry Glaze. In 1987 Phil Anselmo would become the group's lead vocalist, completing the band's most successful lineup that would remain together for 16 years.
Although initially influenced by 1970s rock bands such as Kiss and Van Halen, Pantera's style changed by the late 1980s. Pantera subsequently became a key formulator of the post-thrash subgenre of groove metal. It would not be until nine years after forming that the band saw its first piece of commercial success in its 1990 major label debut, Cowboys from Hell. From there, Pantera became one of the most celebrated heavy metal bands of the 1990s.

The Death Of Dimebag Darrell - Pantera, Damageplan (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: The Death Of Dimebag Darrell - Pantera, Damageplan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,