Mormon View Of Faith vs Reason - Page 2 of 2

"God watches the times and seasons. He - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th May, 2014 - 6:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Jun, 2010 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Of Faith vs Reason - Page 2

The whole issue with Faith is that people sometimes claim to have these feelings my point is how they know it is the spirit or just their physical emotions you know what am I saying? There must be a balance of both.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Reason Faith View Mormon

"Faith is a gift of God, and faith comes to all of us who serve God and supplicate Him for the guidance of His Spirit. There is no danger of any man or woman losing his or her faith in this Church if he or she is humble and prayerful and obedient to duty. I have never known of such an individual losing his faith. By doing our duty faith increases until it becomes perfect knowledge."

(Heber J. Grant, Gospel Standards, pp. 7-8.)

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Of Faith vs Reason Studies Doctrine Mormon

"Faith precedes the miracle. It has ever been so and shall ever be. It was not raining when Noah was commanded to build an ark. There was no visible ram in the thicket when Abraham prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Two heavenly personages were not yet seen when Joseph knelt and prayed. First came the test of faith--and then the miracle. Remember that faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other. Cast out doubt. Cultivate faith."

(Thomas S. Monson, "The Call to Serve," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 48-49)

Post Date: 29th May, 2014 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Reason Faith View Mormon

"God watches the times and seasons. He knows your individual bearing capacities... You can have full faith and trust in God, His mercy and goodness."

( "These Are Your Days," Ensign, Oct. 2004, 29)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon View Of Faith vs Reason

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,