Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? - Page 2 of 4

I noticed now that I don't like to - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2012 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion.
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2011 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed?
A Friend

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? - Page 2

I wonder if we as americans should be ashamed if we send food to other nations but it never gets to the needy because that government hogs it for their own families while the others still starve? I know I do not feel ashamed.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2011 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Ashamed Americans Fat Should

I guess it depends on the intensity of the "shame". Should people who have significantly more than someone else feel embarrassed and guilty while they enjoy their likely overabundance while others suffer from neglect? Yes, that is what drives entrepreneurs and missionaries and charities and is a factor of the race or species as a whole to want to keep itself healthy all around, to take care of all its component parts, to maintain an overall cohesive vigor.

Western civilization suffers from ills of excess, there is no arguing that - we get other things but we get things no other cultures get, a testament to our accomplishments as well as our inability to moderate and enact self discipline.

Shame though, that's even another matter entirely - society lacks shame on so many levels - gluttony is hardly some rare occurrence that should shock us into awareness, as humans have lost our inhibitions in a lot of ways and seem to have no shame in dozens, maybe hundreds of ways, as our cultures have grown and aged.

30th Jan, 2011 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? Health & Special Psychology

The above guy makes some good points and with or without the added culture input we should be ashamed because we're simply mistreating our bodies and giving medical personnel better salaries. If we all took care of ourselves do you think there would be all this healthcare nonsense going on now? I'm ashamed to know that some of my tax dollars pays for someone who needed open heart surgery simply because they couldn't eat right and exercise.

30th Jan, 2011 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Ashamed Americans Fat Should

I think a certain amount of shame should be acknowledged. Most people who are very overweight feel that it is wrong to be that overweight for whatever reason. Bottom line is your overindulging in something.

Should an alcoholic be ashamed, should a crack head be ashamed, should someone who has 5 houses and 20 cars be ashamed? I think so, it is a form of gluttony and it is not good for the body or the soul I think.

That said should fat people feel ashamed because others are starving? To a certain extent yes. However I was just talking to a friend and they pointed out that you can order a tadpole for a dollar and pay an additional 8 dollars for shipping. That could feed a child in Africa for a month.

My point I'm getting to is that all of America should be ashamed for our rampant spending and frivolous buying. Overweight people overindulge in food while countless others indulge in other things as well.

I don't think an overweight person should feel any more shame than a wealthy person in this regard, or myself for that matter. This may be a little calloused and because I don't know all the facts a tad ignorant but. Maybe the countries that are starving should stop popping out tons of kids, just a thought.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2011 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ashamed Americans Fat Should

Nanny State: Gov tells Americans to 'eat less' food

In the past Americans would typically laugh off ridiculous money wasting recommendations like this from the government. Stories like these today, however, become more frightening when realizing government now has a direct stake in the cost of national healthcare. What will they do when they can't stop Americans from eating 'too much' food? Ref. Source 1

19th May, 2011 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed?

Maybe its not about being ashamed of being fat but being ashamed of doing nothing about it. I admit I have a slim figure so I don't know what overweight people go through but at the same time I don't feel particularly guilty about the starving in other countries because I'm just one person. Will I like to help... Sure, can I change the world... No.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2011 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Ashamed - Page 2

Name: Smithy

Comments: Be ashamed - what I don't get about really fat people is why they don't stop? Is the food so much like a drug that they can't get enough of it? Oh I have diabetes or my leg hurts or they have some kind of complication. People who eat healthy and exercise do not have these medical problems. Its all mentl don't let the food take control of your body you decide what you shovel in not the food.

3rd Oct, 2012 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Ashamed Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I noticed now that I don't like to get rid of food anymore, that is because I have the chance to eat food while many people don't have that chance.

I think these fat American people, especially obese ones, should be ashamed and should see the poverty and the hunger in the US!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,