NFL Football - Page 6 of 43

Week 1 of the NFL season 2004 has come and - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Sep, 2004 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 43 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (43) »
Who is your favorite? Giants? Dallas Cowboys? National Football League Reviews American Football
26th Jul, 2004 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

NFL Football - Page 6

Good question, tena; not sure how the name originated but it has been around for at least 20 years, if not longer. I agree that the Patriots would be a better representative of 'America's Team', and I did find it fitting and right that they won the SuperBowl the year of the 9-11 tragedy.
With respect to Bill Parcells, I can't say he is one of my favorite people but he does get the job done, and has a knack for bringing out the best in his football players. The 49ers could sure use a coach like him; anything at this point would be better than Erickson undecided.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2004 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

NFL Football
A Friend

Football NFL

I don't have a favorite NFL player, but the Colts are my favorite team.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

NFL Football
A Friend

NFL Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, as a kid growing up, I was a Cowboys fan. Started watching them in 1965. I followed them until 1988 when the Cardinals moved to Phoenix. Since then, I have tried to become a Cardinals fan but it is not an easy thing to do. When you know at the beginning of the season you are going to end up in last place, it's hard to get excited. The Cardinals are good at drafting talented players but once they become good enough to comand a big salary, they are let go.

We have a new coach in town now, former Vikings coach...I think his name is Green. There is a lot of optimism that he will lead the team to the playoffs but I will predict right here and now....No playoffs. Maybe a 6-10 record if we're lucky. The ownership group here is not dedicated enough to produce a winer regardless of the coach.

21st Aug, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Football NFL

Yes, gaucho, unfortunately I have to agree with you about the Cardinals not doing much this season. It is true they got Dennis Green as their head coach, and drafted Larry Fitzgerald, the Heisman runner-up last year. However, the #1 receiver from last year Anquan Boldin injured his knee during preseason, and their #1 running back Marcell Shipp is out for the year. This means Emmitt Smith will be the top back, and lets face it, I think his best years are behind him. Yes, I believe the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers will be battling for last place in the NFC West this year. cry.gif

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2004 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

NFL Football
A Friend

Football NFL

malexander, Yeah I realy hope Anquan Boldin snaps out of it because I drafted him in fantasy football. Now I have to rely on Javan Walker...

Well I hope the Chiefs will do good again this year, but seeing as their defense isent much better(At least I think), I don't see them getting anywhere IF they make it to the Play-offs. To bad...

Also, did anyone see the Bangels preseason game against the Patriots? Not to diss Patriot fans or anything, but that was awsome. I hope the Bangels do well this season.

23rd Aug, 2004 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

NFL Football

Anquan Boldin is going to be shelved for at least half of the season so I wont rely on him for any useful numbers. Anyway, we can talk about that more in the Fantasy Sports thread. With regards to the Chiefs and Bengals, this is how I see things:

The Chiefs look the same; a lot of defense, good return game but very little defense. They havent made many changes so expect same results as last year. The Bengals were a good team last year, remember, they almost made the playoffs. So it was not surprising to see them beat the Patriots, but lets also remember that this is pre-season, and the Patriots are the favorites to repeat, and that they got Corey Dillon so now they have a potent running game to go along with the good passing game. They will be difficult to beat.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2004 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

NFL Football
A Friend

NFL Football - Page 6

Yeah, I know, its the preseason, but I can dream can't I? wink.gif

In my opionion don't see Corey Dillon doing anything worthwhile, because last year he was a joke. (Yeah I know he was injured...) If he does do something then I'll be suprised. He will probably be better than the Patriot's other backs.

As for the Bangels, I realy do hope they get to the Play-Offs, but I think they should have made a defensive first round draft pick.

14th Sep, 2004 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

NFL Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

Week 1 of the NFL season 2004 has come and gone. Here were the results of the games:

Patriots 27 - Colts 24
Titans 17 - Dolphins 7
Redskins 16 - Buccaneers 10
Rams 17 - Cardinals 10
Steelers 24 - Raiders 21
Jets 31 - Bengals 24
Seahawks 21 - Saints 7
Chargers 27 - Texans 20
Browns 20 - Ravens 3
Lions 20 - Bears 16
Jaguars 13 - Bills 10
Falcons 21 - 49ers 19
Eagles 31 - Giants 17
Vikings 35 - Cowboys 17
Broncos 34 - Chiefs 24
Packers 24 - Panthers 14

Some things that I noticed from these results. Patriots continue to have the Colts number. This is the 4th game in a row between these 2 where the Patriots have won. Dolphins' problems on offense continue. Not only are they having problems at RB but also at QB. Saints off to a bad start, unable to use their high profile players to score points. Or is it that the Seahawks defense is that good?
Ravens show their defense is penetrable and their offense stinks. What happened to Jamal Lewis running all over the Browns defense, like he did last year? Eagles use their new weapon Terrell Owens to their advantage, with 3 TD's going to him in the game. Last year's NFC champions start off with a loss at home to the Packers, marking the 5th consecutive SuperBowl loser from the previous year to lose their opening game. That's my 2 cents on Week 1, whats yours?

> TOPIC: NFL Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,