Hunting as a Sport? - Page 2 of 4

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 3-May 05, 5:31 PM) Well, - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th May, 2005 - 2:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  Hunting as Sport Big game trophy hunting
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2004 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Hunting as a Sport? - Page 2

To kill for pleasure is wrong. To kill for just the fur of an animal is wrong.

To kill an animal and to eat it is fine.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2004 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Sport as Hunting

Here is some tragic news from the hunting community. I feel it shows how the 'sport' of hunting can result in the same elevated emotions as in other sports and cause people to take things into their own hands.

Quote from cnn.com

Five hunters killed in Wisconsin
Police: Deer-stand dispute led to shootings
Monday, November 22, 2004 Posted: 12:36 PM EST (1736 GMT)

BIRCHWOOD, Wisconsin (AP) -- A deer hunter, who apparently intruded on private property, killed five other hunters and wounded three more during the opening weekend of deer season, authorities in Wisconsin said.

The alleged perpetrator apparently became so enraged about having to give up the tree stand he was in, that he decided to hunt the ones who were accusing him of it. It is even reported that he used the scope on his rifle to pick people off one by one. There is a lot of similarity here with the events that recently happened in the Pistons-Pacers basketball game and the Clemson-South Carolina football game. It just so happened that this time, guns were involved and resulted in fatalities and serious injuries. It makes you wonder whether mental profiling will need to be done for those who wish to purchase guns.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Hunting as a Sport? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I don't think hunting for sport is right at all. I think it should be banned in fact. I think people enjoy it entirely too much, to the point where they actually have fun, and look forward to more...the same with fishing, I think it's the same a hunting.. No don't get me wrong, if your starving by all means do what it takes to feed yourself, or your family.

23rd Nov, 2004 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sport as Hunting

It is amazing how many people hunt just for the sport. So many times people will ask if you want some dear meat because they shot a lot more than they would ever eat - duh maybe it was time to stop. Yet there are such things as bait hunting, where people bait bears all year, that means feeding them in the same spot, and then have hunters pay them to put them in a tree stand during hunting time to shoot the bear that they have taught to feed in that spot. But above all, the numbers of people that have the love for this is so overwhelming it is crazy.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2005 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sport as Hunting

HIGH TECH HUNTERS PUSH ETHICAL ENVELOPE

Ever since man picked up a rock to kill dinner, hunters have been technology
pioneers. These days, they've got more gadgets than ever to choose from.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/03/04/high.te...g.ap/index.html

3rd May, 2005 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?

No way! Hunting is NOT a sport! I can't imagine, in our modern world, an excuse for hunting. Any excuse. In Romania, Mr. Tiriac (a very influent businessman - 700-800 mil $ fortune) organized a hunting to which he invited a bunch of other "heavy weight" guys - I can't remember all, but there was our ex-prime minister A. Nastase, Wolfgang Porsche - the boss from Porsche, Klaus Mangold -president Daimler Chrysler Service, Julius Meinl - food "empire", Burchard Bergmann - president Ruhrgas, Max Emanuel von Thurn und Taxis - printing, Siegfried Wolf - president Magna Europa and Merino Jimenez, Gonzalo Merino Nieto and Jose Luis Zanetti Duenas - bankers. They killed 185 wild boars in 2 days. What was worst, the poor animals weren't able to escape 'cause the land was surrounded with some fence. It was a slaughter. And they enjoyed it.

Reconcile Edited: RaulDrake on 3rd May, 2005 - 8:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd May, 2005 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as Sport - Page 2

I can't imagine, in our modern world, an excuse for hunting. Any excuse.

Well, I disagree. I see nothing wrong with hunting if you eat what you kill. What is the difference if I eat a deer killed by my father or I buy a steak at the grocery store killed by someone else? That animal was still killed.

In addition, hunting actually helps control animal population and it is highly regulated, at least in the US, to prevent wiping out entire populations. In other countries it may not be as well regulated. However, there are definately many countries today where hunting is still the main way they get their meat. Not all countries are as developed as the Americas or Europe.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 3rd May, 2005 - 10:33pm

4th May, 2005 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as Sport Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 3-May 05, 5:31 PM)

Well, I disagree. I see nothing wrong with hunting if you eat what you kill. What is the difference if I eat a deer killed by my father or I buy a steak at the grocery store killed by someone else? That animal was still killed.

In addition, hunting actually helps control animal population and it is highly regulated, at least in the US, to prevent wiping out entire populations. In other countries it may not be as well regulated. However, there are definately many countries today where hunting is still the main way they get their meat. Not all countries are as developed as the Americas or Europe.

I meant that there's no excuse for hunting as a sport/entertainment. I can partially accept hunting for food, but if you organize "hunting fiestas" like I mentioned earlier, than I would say it's a cruelty. Of course, hunting should be better regulated in our country and things like that wouldn't have to happen.

P.S. Romania is in Europe!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hunting as a Sport?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,