British Football

British Football - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd May, 2005 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
British Football UK Football - UK Soccer - English Football
5th Nov, 2003 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

British Football

British Football

What do you think about British style of football? Since they have separate teams, Scots, English, etc. It may be necessary to classify each. Do not think about just one player, but the team as a whole. Do they operate in unity or is it just a one man show?

Sponsored Links:
4th Jul, 2004 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Football British

My perception of British football is the Premiership which to me is a very random, scattered type of play. They rely heavily on the air attack and seem to kick the ball long distances instead of using short pass and run type plays. Very different than say the Italian or South American styles where skill and finesse is used more than brawn. Not to say that the English do not have skill, but for the most part they rely heavily on lots of physical play.

4th Jul, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

British Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I was recently watching the Euro 2000 cup with England vs Romania. It was a high scoring game and you would think that England would have pounced Romania, but they did not, the score ended 3-2 in favor of Romania and they went on to the finals. This shows that like this year small teams can beat big ones, especially when there style of play is so predictable as you say Malexander.

16th Jul, 2004 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Football British

The big football story in England right now is the possible move of Arsenal captain Patrick Vieria to Real Madrid. As you know Real already has a famed English superstar on their roster in David Beckham. This story is so big that the newspapers have almost forgotten about the current British open.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2005 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

British Football
A Friend

Football British

"the Premiership which to me is a very random, scattered type of play. They rely heavily on the air attack and seem to kick the ball long distances instead of using short pass and run type plays " by Malexander.

I don't think you have watched much english football. Making a statement like that suggests that you saw a single game. I've been a T&T fan all my life and and Liverpool FC fan since the mid 80s and have seen hundreds of games and can tell you that the Premeirship is the best league in the world, followed closely be the Italian La Liga. What makes it the best league is the variety of play, technically advanced expertise, over a hubndred years of organized football and the players. BEFORE you comment on my opinion, watch a couple hundred league and FA cup games!

Message Edited!
Persephone: Learn how to use the quote tags properly

3rd Apr, 2005 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

British Football

JuniorDgs, no offense, but I am 27 years old and have been watching football since I was 8 or 9. I can safely say I have watched hundreds of games myself. Liverpool vs Everton in the 80's used to be a staple game, as they battled it out for the FA cup. I also watched Italian Serie A (not LaLiga which is the Spanish league) football very religiously and still follow them quite closely. I grew up watching the huge Juventus - Inter Milan and Inter - AC rivalries. I watched Maradonna play for Napoli and bring that club out of the ashes. I was a huge Baggio fan. I don't disrespect your opinion about English soccer, I just don't agree with it. I'd suggest you do the same for me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th May, 2005 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

British Football

Manchester United will reportedly be majority owned by Tampa businessman Malcom Glazer. Man United fans are in an uproar because they feel the 'American' has ulterior motives and has no business owning an English soccer team. What are your opinions on this?

22nd May, 2005 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

British Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Looks like the old time favorite Arsenal has made a rebound and I am sure Manchester United are all busy kicking themselves for not putting at least one in the goal during normal game play.

Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd (aet)
Arsenal win 5-4 on penalties

Jens Lehmann made the crucial save from Paul Scholes as the destination of the trophy was decided on penalties for the first time in its history.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/Hi/football/fa_cup/4558271.stm

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: British Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,