Reality Shows With Kids

Reality Shows Kids - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Feb, 2005 - 8:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Are they going too far?
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Reality Shows With Kids

SCOTT PIERCE: 'NANNY 911' EXPLOITS KIDS

When it comes to so-called "reality" shows, I don't really care what adults do. If grown-ups decide to sign on to one of these things and make themselves look like fools, well, that's their right.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...02563%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2004 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Kids Shows Reality

I agree. I don't like reality shows in general because what's the point of reality when you have it nextdoor? (Not that these shows are so real rolleyes.gif )

But if it's your decision to join such a thing, I don't mind. Once it's parent's volunteering their children, and, as the article says, the children are declared as nasty or whatever - that's nasty.

Having that nanny service could be a nice thing - but why put it on TV? WHy turn everything into a reality show? Next thing, they'll show teachers at work...

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 7th Nov, 2004 - 3:00am

3rd Feb, 2005 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Reality Shows With Kids Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I don't mind some of the reality shows that are out there. Examples of some of the ones I watch are The Amazing Race and Survivor. However, these shows with kids like The Nanny and the one where they are swapping parents (the name doesn't come to me at this moment), those I cannot stand and will refuse to watch.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2005 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Reality Shows With Kids
A Friend

Kids Shows Reality

There goes the innocence of life. The media likes to make a huge joke out of everything. Its not funny.

A show about children misbehaving? That is just another show for the parents to get sympathy and attempt to make themselves look good and to get on TV.Children shouldn't be shoved onto TV by the parents, no matter what the reason..especially when they are shown as everyones 'nightmare'.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2005 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Reality Shows With Kids
A Friend

Kids Shows Reality

I got really upset one night when I was channel surfing. I'm not one to really get caught up in reality shows, but I stopped when I saw a Fear Factor with a child and his/her parent. I thought it was kind of interesting because there was this ten year old child walking across this really skinny platform and it was incredibly windy. I stopped to watch for a moment, and was really impressed with a couple of the parents and their children because they were being so nice to the other child. They were constantly encouraging them.

Except for this one son and his father. They were being outright nasty and rude. This father was teaching his son horrible sportsmanship. At one point, the son actually encouraged one of the girls and his dad turned to him and asked if he was turning into a wimp on him. Immediately the boy began to shower the girl with his bad attitude once more.

That irritated the mess out of me because this child is going to grow up thinking it's okay to insult people.

I did see a show called Endurance on television yesterday morning that is put on my Discovery Kids. A group of teenagers sign up and it tests how well they can work as a team and endure tough, physical activity. On top of that, though, they also have to be able to use their mind. It's a great show because I think it teaches teenagers how to encourage one another while still competing against one another.

As far as the nanny thing goes, I'm appalled that a parent would put their child out for sport on television like that. I think maybe having a person come in to straighten a child out, if a parent cannot do it, is a great idea, but I don't believe it right for it to be publisized on television like it is.

> TOPIC: Reality Shows With Kids

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,