Best Martial Art - Page 3 of 7

I voted for Military/Street Fighting..  :rifle - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 6th Apr, 2003 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art - Page 3

Isn't it interesting that most of the styles thought today are from the Orient? I wonder why Western cultures never developed their own to the same standard? I do know the Brazilians have a style that is very popular, but it requires very acrobatic movements.

Good question. I don't know.
The societies were similar in the sense of having a peasant class ruled by a noble, warrior elite.

The martial arts were generally developed by either peasants or monks who were not allowed the use of weapons.

Why European societies never developed martial arts is a mystery.
Could have something to do with the concepts of Tao and Buddism, their "oneness with the universe" and ideas of "the flow of nature", the Ki, Chi, etc.
Who knows?
The Shadow Knows. ohmy.gif

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2003 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Art Martial Best

Well, lets look at how karate was developed, the same lay people had no sword so they used their hands and feet, etc... Chop - mimics a sword, Fist - mimics a club, Nunchucks - mimics farm tools, etc. For the Chinese they mimic animal movements by watching how they defended themselves and applied it to the human form. Quiet ingenius I think. As for the Europeans they like too much ale, so they were too busy to worry about discipline and being one with nature. The greeks did give us wrestling and forms of judo. I believe the American Indians were the Western Version of ninjas in the way they could move with stealth.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Intersting perspective.
Plus the European philosophy puts them at odds with nature, versus beng at one with it.

The only Indian tribes I would compare with ninja would be the Mohawks, the Blackfeet and the Apache.

The other tribes were not nearly as aggressive and committed to wiping the white men out.

6th Apr, 2003 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Art Martial Best

[sarcasm]

The other tribes were not nearly as aggressive and committed to wiping the white men out.

Yeah too bad... now we have to deal with the likes of Stranger :smile.gif[/sarcasm]

I am suprised that there is only one vote in this poll. I think I will add it to the main board and see what people think.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

[sarcasm]
Yeah too bad... now we have to deal with the likes of Stranger :smile.gif[/sarcasm]

I am suprised that there is only one vote in this poll. I think I will add it to the main board and see what people think.

Hey!
Guys like me is the only reason we whupped 'em.

6th Apr, 2003 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art

Guys like me is the only reason we whupped 'em.

that makes me sympathize with the American Indians even more.

I added the poll to the board, and edited it so that there are more options. Let's see how it goes now.

By the way, I am not sure if I mentioned it before (don't want to look through all the pages) but the best for of defense is 'AVOID', but if you are not able to avoid then...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art - Page 3

that makes me sympathize with the American Indians even more.

I am SO misjudged!
user posted image

By the way, I am not sure if I mentioned it before (don't want to look through all the pages) but the best for of defense is 'AVOID', but if you are not able to avoid then...

That is the theory. The practical application of offense is what is taught in the dojo.
That leads on to assume that they don't place much faith in one's ability to "avoid".

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

I voted for Military/Street Fighting..  :rifle ...  I heard they let you carry a riffle with you all the time.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Best Martial Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,