Best Martial Art - Page 7 of 7

The best martial art is the one that saves - Page 7 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Jun, 2017 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2005 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art - Page 7

The 'best' martial art to me depends on whether you mean European or Asian. If you mean Asian, then I would say Aikido. If done correctly, there can be no damage done to yourself, and minimal damage to your enemy. I've been studying it for a while now, and I must say that I love it. However, if you were to use the European weapon martial arts, I must say I fall into favor with heavy weapons. Many people forget that weaponry is a martial art in it's own category! There is most certainly an art to using weapons, and I think that the European style is superior to the Oriental.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2005 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

Well if you want swift and powerful you should see Korean Taekwondo. The technique and speed involved is fluent , and in my opinion, the kicks are more powerful. I have just started it and the tactical advantage of using kicks against punches makes it better than Karate.

26th Jul, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art Sports & Fashion Music Movies

There is no such thing as the best martial art!
That is one reason one never finds kungfu or aikido in MMA or wrestling.
The MMA venues show that any grappling system is more realistic in offensive situation and more reality based than something like Aikido.
The bottom line is that the best martial art lies on the physical conditioning of the participant!

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2008 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Page 7 Art Martial Best

The best martial art you can take would be to learn to not put yourself in a position where you will need to fight.

Beside that, I think all martial arts have pros and cons. It depends on why you are taking it. On your conditioning and the aggressiveness/skill of your opponent. From a ring standpoint, I would say that Muay Thai and BJJ mixed is your best bet. From a defense point of view, I would say a self defense course taught by veteran police/military officers would prove more effective. For the best work out of your life, I would say capoeira.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2008 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

A Good Martial Art Is One Where Relaxation And Freedom Of Form Is Allowed To Grow From A Solid Base Of Creative Natural Posture. Movement, Would In My Opinion Be Nurtured By The Individual, By Experiencing Varied And Worthwhile Templates Such As Those Of Animal Based Kung Fu Or Other Shamanic Traditions. In My Opinion They Are The Oldest And The Best.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Do not post in all CAPS - it is considered shouting.

9th Jun, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art

Yeah, I agree, there is no "Best" martial art. It just depends on what you want to accomplish if you take up a martial art. I, myself have been doing Taekwondo for the past 17 years. However tonight, I am off to a Karate awards night. I have a friend who works with all Martial arts and invited me to come along. I love all martial arts *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jun, 2017 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art - Page 7

The best martial art is the one that saves your life. I find improvising the best method because you cannot be taught every situation that could happen but if your smarts are with you at the right time you'll figure out something.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Best Martial Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,