507-carat Diamond Found At South African Mine

507-carat Diamond South African Mine - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 30th Sep, 2009 - 2:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th Sep, 2009 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

I wonder who is the owner of this huge diamond if a worker finds it? Anyone knows? It may cost millions of dollars!

international QUOTE
JOHANNESBURG -  Petra Diamonds Ltd. Says a diamond the size of a chicken egg has been found at South Africa's Cullinan mine.

The diamond may be among the world's top 20 high-quality gems. It was discovered Thursday at the mine northeast of Pretoria, South Africa.

Johan Dippenaar, the company's chief executive said in a statement Tuesday that the 507.55-carat gem was of "exceptional color and clarity."

No value has been give yet for the diamond, which weighs just over 100 grams.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2009 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mine African South Found Diamond -carat

If I remember correctly any diamonds found in the mine owned by that company belongs to the company. I believe the workers are searched before being released at the end of the day to make sure they are not taking any diamonds home with them.

> TOPIC: 507-carat Diamond Found At South African Mine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,