The Best Footballer in the World! - Page 6 of 8

Football is a team sport and I don't - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Jun, 2005 - 9:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Who really is the best?
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2005 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

The Best Footballer in the World!
A Friend

The Best Footballer in the World! - Page 6

You have never heard of him!! Hes biggest player in Europe at the moment. Pele is the best out of oldies, because Maradona is a cheater… he hand balled a goal in the 1986 quarter final against my team England cry.gif.

Sponsored Links:
7th Feb, 2005 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

World the Footballer The

international QUOTE
Pele is the best out of oldies, because maradona is a cheater… he hand balled a goal in the 1986 qouarter final against my team England

*laugh* I knew you would say that *rolling eyes*. Maradona is not a cheater, did you forget the goal after that one you're mentioning?. Pele was nothing without his team. Maradona was a great player regardless of the team.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2005 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Footballer in the World! Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Okay I know I know he did score the greatest goal ever...but I think Pele has done a lot more for football than Maradona, and enhanced the way the world sees him as an ambassador...maradona is not a good role model at all..

8th Feb, 2005 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 World the Footballer The

maradona is not a good role model at all

I never understood that reasoning *rolling eyes*. Football players are NOT role models and they should not be either. Maradona was just a great football player, whatever he did with his private life was his own business.

This thread is about "The best footballer in the world" not who you think is the best "role" model as you put it.

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

World the Footballer The

OK so far I've seen that Maradonna has been the prefered choice but I'm biased to the Italians..so my pick for best footballer is Paolo Maldini from A.C. Milan. The guy is absolutely fantastic when he graces a football field.. Great defender, top of the line captain..a shining example of world class football coupled with world class attitude. Have you ever seen how cool that guy is? I have never ever seen him in my years of supporting A.C Milan raise his hand or make any kind of violent physical gesture to another player. His record is so clean..no drugs, no physical assaults,(unlike Maradonna) just good sportsmanship and a chain of achievements since his debut @ the age of 16. I believe he's captained Italy to 4 World Cups (though he didnt win any but came close to it)..won the european tournament 2 or 3 times..not to mention Serie A. And if I'm not mistaken, recently it was announced that no one will wear his #3 jersey for Italy after his retirement ( like Maradonna). He's quite loyal too to A.C Milan..unlike so many footballers these days that jump from this club to that..he's stuck it out with Milan since day one. I remember reading that he even took a 30%paycut to facilitate his club...Amazing! When you think about it, we might say thats nothing to him..but other footballers are always looking for ways to earn more money and with skills like his in such demand, he's sure to get into higher paying clubs.
So I simply think he's more than worth considering as best footballer in the world. Just look at the man play! He never ceases to amaze me..NEVER. I would not be female if I didnt appreciate the body on this guy. tongue.gif Normally that would be the first item for discussion on my list but its really only second to his career. He's a delight to watch play..and I love and deeply respect him. He's already retired from playing international football under the azzurri..when he does retire from football as a whole, that would be sad day indeed.

11th Feb, 2005 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Amen, Fortress! It is good to hear someone speak well of the Italians. Now whether Maldini is the best footballer ever, that may be up for debate. I can list a few Italians alone that had more skill than Maldini, but I completely agree that he is very loyal and has been a strong base for one of the best defenses in the world. While I am a Juventus fan, I always cringed when they had to play AC Milan, simply because of the stout defense that Maldini spear-headed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Apr, 2005 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

The Footballer the World - Page 6

I can't decide between Pele and Maradona, but I want to say that modern soccer is very different from the game they use to play. Considering this, I have to vote for Zidane. Also a great player is/will be Ronaldinho.

4th Jun, 2005 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

The Footballer the World Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

Football is a team sport and I don't think you can rate one player above any other. If you want to talk about the best attacking player, defensive, goalkeeper, or even influential player that is a different thing. But Pele and Maradona were equally brilliant and influential to their respective sides.

While I have only seen limited footage of Pele on TV, I would say he is probably a more effective goal scorer and better team player. Maradona was simply a magician in midfield and could win games single-handedly. Don't care about the hand of god, it's only illegal if the referee spots it.

I agree with LSD in part that footballers don't chose to be role models, but unfortunately part of being a professional sports star today is about being a role model.

There are a couple of young Brazilians worth keeping an eye on. One is Diego, the other Robinho. They are both of Santos, the same club as Pele, but I think Diego has already moved onto Europe.

For me the best attacking footballer at the moment would be Ronaldinho, can't go past Alessandro Nesta in defence.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Best Footballer in the World!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,