Elections & Boundaries Commission

Elections Boundaries Commission - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Jul, 2015 - 12:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Service in Trinidad - do not hold your breath
8th Jul, 2004 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Elections & Boundaries Commission

Well, the nice thing about the net and a forum like this is the ability to rant when things do not go your way - hopefully someone of influence will read and do something about it - someone influential that is....

I recently went to the Elections & Boundaries Commission to see about getting my ID card. The service was poor, answering questions seemed like a burden and if you asked any the people would sigh - terrible. They recently called to say that an application that they wrote up some weeks ago has to be done over again - this means a further drain on my time schedule to cater for their incompetence.

In general I find government workers unfriendly and they act as though they are paying you to serve them, when in fact it is the other way around! One of the key failures of government is that they do not have printed 'how to' sheets - telling you how to go about applying for something or doing anything the government requires, so you often have to rely on the accuracy (with prayer and hope) of the government worker you speak with... that is a whole other story.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2004 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

Commission Boundaries and Elections

Getting into the failures of government?? That would require an entire new forum biggrin.gif .

Another failure in terms of govenment is the bureacracy involved. If you get terrible service when you go these government offices...who are you going to complain to??...you might as well talk to the walls..because youll get the same result...nada! It is difficult..if not impossible, to have someone reprimanded for poor service in T&T public service.

19th Jul, 2004 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Elections & Boundaries Commission Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Here is a prime example of govt failure in Trinidad.

ref: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=30315252

MORE than 120 people stood at the foot of a hill yesterday and watched helplessly as the concrete stairway, the only way out of their village, stood on the verge of collapse.

The residents of Upper Clovis Trace, Maraval, fear that they will be cut off from the rest of the country all because their complaints have been falling on deaf ears for years.

As the rains came yesterday, the earth which had been shifting gave way and the stairway was left balancing precariously.

Residents said they had been trying in vain to get the authorities and their Member of Parliament, Colm Imbert, to come to their rescue

From the article it seems these people did all that they could do to have the issue addressed and now, even when they are facing extreme measures to get in and out of their houses, they are still being ignored. I liked the part at the end of the article where the writer simply states:

MP Imbert could not be reached yesterday

The story of their lives in one statement.

17th Jul, 2015 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Commission Boundaries and Elections

I went to the Elections and Boundaries Commission's website to check my registration and got and error message saying the system down, what kind of thing is that?

> TOPIC: Elections & Boundaries Commission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,