Trini Guide To Customer Service

Trini Guide Customer Service - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Oct, 2011 - 9:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Etiquette - Because some Trinis really need this information even if they think they do not.
2nd Oct, 2009 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Trinidadian Guide To Customer Service

* I do not believe the Customer is always right and probably you do not either, but at the same time you do not have to treat them like stray dogs
* Courtesy will get you far
* There is no need to shout. If the customer is so far from you that you need to shout then place yourself closer to where they can hear you and you both can communicate without the whole of T&T knowing what you are talking about
* Do not follow a customer around a store, it is HIGHLY irritating - give space
* If someone asks you a legitimate question then answer in a clear audible voice. Do not attempt to remain silent, roll eyes, sigh or use body gestures as a means for a response
* When you are addressing someone that you do not know then you say "Sir" Or "Mam"
* After a purchase you should thank the person for their business, for some reason Trinis think that when you buy from them the seller is doing them a favor, no we are paying MONEY for your service / product

Feel free to continue the list...

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2009 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Service Customer Guide Trini

Good customer service begins and ends with a smile.

Don't make the customer feel as if he is a nuisance. Don't try to rush the transaction or announce that there are other people in the line and make the person feel unwelcomed. Be polite and answer all questions courteously, smile and ask if there is anything else.

If you don't know the answer to a question, don't just say "I don't know!" Admit to the customer that you are not sure and refer the matter to your co-worker or supervisor.

If you are serving drinks in a restaurant, don't fling the straw at the customers' table. You may place it next to the drink or to offer the best service, open the wrapper and insert the straw in the glass.

If a customer is calling you, don't ignore him/her.

If a customer complains to you about the food, don't allow this to fall on deaf ears; politely ask if there is something else on the menu that he/she would like or refer the matter to the manager.

If you know the customer's food will be late, inform the customer that the food may take a while. Don't just allow him to starve to death. Communicating to him may prevent the customer from becoming irate.

20th Jan, 2010 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Trini Guide To Customer Service Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Here is one that happens a lot that I was only recently reminded, of course:

When a potential customer asks you a question about a product / service, do not stand there and just say "I don't know..." or shake your head hoping that you forget about it. Instead the next response should be... "Please wait, let me find out the answer to that for you..." and then ask someone who knows or do actually find out.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2010 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Name: Anecandu

Comments: I'm Jamaican, and actually I've been to Trinidad and 60 - 70% of the people in this country are just downright rude. Its their culture. Don't get me wrong I met a few good ones. Poor customer service there outside a few corporations right down to street level. They are very laid back and don't expect polite callbacks or emails from them. They are mostly always in it for themselves, but then most people are.
One thing though, the don't bleed Political colours like other places, a bit more civil in their politics.But they are racially discriminate.
On the other hand Tobagans are the nicest helpful people you will ever find.

21st Dec, 2010 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Is Jamaica any different? I doubt it. Costumer service isn't an issue of what country you're from but an issue of how well you was brought up.

13th Jan, 2011 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Last week I went to a store and I approached the cashier about the price of a blouse, she told me she needed the code (she looked like she was in a mood) so I gently took the blouse and search for it, not even 2 seconds past and she raised her voice at me and stated: "I said I needed the CODE!". I couldn't believe it. Yes, I answered her back in front of some costumers however my point is that every time I go out I see worst and worst customer service in this country, it's a shame!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2011 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Trini Guide Customer Service

Trinidadians are not customer service oriented, therefore, we should not expect to receive first class service in either a fast food outlet or in a restaurant. What I have noticed is, if a restaurant is new, the service starts off as being outstanding. Then, as the restaurant becomes more popular, the service begins to deteriorate.

There are a few restaurants where the managers struggle to maintain a good image by offering tasty food and sterling service. However, it is not always possible to recruit good workers these days. The young generation does not seem to be interested in working very hard. They are more concerned with earning quick easy money and they fail to realise that you have to work hard, to accomplish your goals. There are many occasions where I have noticed that young individuals seem to have personal problems and unfortunately, they display these problems quite openly, while serving customers. I think to improve the customer service everywhere, it is important for management to carefully screen candidates, observe their attitude towards authority and their peers. Monitoring people all the time is a very tedious and exhausting process but absolutely necessary because without good service, customers may go elsewhere, since they are looking for value for their money. In other words, they are paying for the service and the quality of food that they are receiving from the restaurant.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2011 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Trini Guide Customer Service Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: Cynthia

Comments: Customer service in Tobago is far better than Trinidad. Maybe they are taking their que from all the hotels we have here. When I go to Trinidad I sometimes feel totally ignored when I ask for some help. If I ask a question I am given a look like You're such a dummy for asking that question. other times I may be told with their eyes that I'm bothering them.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trini Guide To Customer Service

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,