Abortion - The World's View - Page 8 of 13

Nighttime Scares: Working at the Abortion - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Aug, 2011 - 12:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »
Abortion Roe vs. Wade - Global view on Abortion, Abortion Laws, Personal Experiences, etc. Some countries allow abortions and others do not but the heated debate is most apparent in the united States where some are for and against it. What is your view?
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2009 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View
A Friend

Abortion - The World's View - Page 8

Whenever I ask someone who is Pro-Choice(pro-death) why they think that way, they always bring up rape or the health of the mother. But from everything I have read, the evidence points out that the majority of cases involve neither rape nor the health of the mother. People tend to forget the purpose of sex; it is meant to reproduce.
The act of sex is not just the 15 minutes of sweaty workout, it includes the following 9 months and another 18 years after. If you are mature enough to have intercourse, you must be mature enough to handle the ensuing responsibility.

Sponsored Links:
9th Sep, 2009 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

I think its down to the individual. Some women could never do it, and I guess no one can actually comment on this, unless she has been in a situation where it may be necessary. I think in some cases, such as rape or detrimental to the child or mother's life, there needs to be an alternative. To say its wrong and not even put yourself into someone else's shoes is wrong. These issues are very complex. And I believe there is not a right nor a wrong answer. We can believe passionately that abortion is wrong or its right, but I think it comes down to the instance. To the woman who ends up being raped. To the woman who will end up dead if she comes to full term with a child. To the woman who may not be able to look after the child either financially or physically.

I believe that women have to have this right. However, they must be put through a psychological test before they do it.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2010 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Abortion - The World's View Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Analysis Shows 52 Million Abortions Since Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade Decision

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Read any commentary on the contentious abortion debate and you'll likely find a wide variety of numbers attempting to estimate the number of abortions that have taken place since the Supreme Court's infamous Roe v. Wade abortion decision since 1973.

Now, a new analysis from the National Right to Life Committee based on hard data and estimates for the most recent years finds 52 million unborn children have been killed in abortion since the Roe decision.

Any analysis of abortion stats and figures starts with the understanding that the Centers for Disease Control has never tabulated accurate numbers of abortions. The CDC relies on figures from state health departments, some of which rely on voluntary reporting -- and it hasn't had data from some states such as California and New Hampshire for more than a decade.

In its survey of abortion numbers, NRLC goes to the source by relying on the Guttmacher Institute, the former research arm of Planned Parenthood, which receives numbers directly from abortion centers themselves.

Digging into the numbers, the NRLC analysis shows abortion numbers rising in the 1970s and, in the 1980s, abortion eventually mainstreamed itself to the point that about 1.55 million abortions were done annually until the early 1990s. To calculate the overall number of abortions, NRLC includes the hard figures from 1973-2005, the estimates for the last few years and also includes the Guttmacher Institute's admission that its own figures are likely about three percent lower than the actual totals because of potential errors in reporting.

National Right to Life estimates that, as the nation marks the 37th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, there have been 52,008,665 abortions using either surgical or the abortion drug (RU 486) method since Roe v. Wade. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2010 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Page 8 View Worlds - Abortion

Recent Studies Confirm Women Face Depression After Abortion, Other Problems

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new study with a very limited sample of women having abortions, just 69, has received considerable attention for supposedly disproving the plethora of peer-reviewed studies confirming women who have abortions face both depression and other mental health problems.

Other recent studies from the last two years provide nearly irrefutable evidence that abortion affects women in a myriad of ways -- making it so they face everything from depression and relationship problems to PTSD and elevated risks for abusing drugs or alcohol.

An August study published in the Journal of Pregnancy and involving 374 women who had abortions -- more than five times the number of women who appeared in the new study -- found women having high rates of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms for women having both early and late abortions. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 25th May, 2011 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

Abortion Rate Declines in U.S. But Increases for Poor Women

U.S.A. A new study reported in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology indicates the abortion rate has decreased in the United States - good news because it means more pregnant women are opting against having an abortion.

However, the report presents news that should spark a drive to help more women below the poverty level find pregnancy resources and support because it indicates poor women are having abortions at a higher rate than before.

The new report was published by the Guttmacher Institute, a pro-abortion research group formerly affiliated with the Planned Parenthood abortion business. Despite its pro-abortion bent, the organization is thought by pro-life groups to publish fairly accurate abortion figures because it obtains the numbers directly from abortion businesses.

According to Guttmacher, poor women accounted for 42% of all abortions in 2008, and their abortion rate increased 18% between 2000 and 2008, from 44.4 to 52.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44. In comparison, the national abortion rate for 2008 was 19.6 per 1,000, reflecting an 8% decline from a rate of 21.3 in 2000.

The study also found that teen abortion rates declined 22%, from 14.6 per 1,000 in 2000 to 11.3 per 1,000 in 2008 among those aged 15-17. This age-group accounted for a small proportion of abortions (6%).

The research also validates the work pro-life groups have done to reach out to the black community, because of the tremendously high abortion rates in that ethnic group. Abortion rates decreased 18% among African American women in the same period, the largest decline among the four racial and ethnic groups examined by Guttmacher. Notwithstanding this decline, the abortion rate among African American women is still higher than the rate for both Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women: 40.2 per 1,000, compared with 28.7 and 11.5, respectively. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 30th May, 2011 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View

Gallup Poll: Americans Want All or Most Abortions Illegal

Gallup released its annual abortion poll today showing Americans want all or most abortions made illegal and saying they believe abortion to be morally wrong, but the poll found Americans split on what they call their abortion position.

The Gallup polling firm conducted a national survey from May 5-8 with a random sample of 1,018 adults, aged 18 and older from across the nation. The poll has a 4 percentage point margin of error.

By a 24 percent margin, 61-37 percent, Americans take the pro-life view that abortions should either be legal under no circumstances or legal only under a few circumstances. Although Gallup doesn't specify those "few" circumstances, polling data has consistently shown that, when asked about cases such as r-pe, incest, or the life of the mother, a majority of Americans want all or almost all abortions made illegal - leaving only life of the mother or r-pe and incest as the exceptions.

"Americans are rather conservative in their stance on abortion, with 61% now preferring that abortion be legal in only a few circumstances or no circumstances. By contrast, 37% want abortion legal in all or most circumstances," Gallup analyst Lydia Saad writes. "Over the past two decades, Americans have consistently leaned toward believing abortion should be legal in only a few or no circumstances, although less so in the mid-1990s than since about 1997, when combined support for these has averaged close to 60%."

In fact, Gallup polling shows that, since 1994, a majority of Americans have held a pro-life view wanting all or almost all abortions made illegal - and that pro-life view has strengthened with an average of 60 percent of Americans saying that over the years.

Breaking down those numbers further, Gallup finds that pro-life view as seen across the board - with 60 percent of women and 61 percent of men saying they want all or almost all abortions illegal. Women actually take a stronger pro-life view than men with 24 percent of American women wanting all abortions made illegal and 36 percent wanting almost all illegal, compared with 19 percent of men who want to ban all abortions and 42 percent of men who want to prohibit almost all.

By age, Americans also oppose abortions - with 59 percent of people aged 18-34, 58 percent of those 35-54 and 64 percent of those over the age of 55 saying all or almost all abortions should become illegal. Younger Americans are most supportive of making all abortions illegal, with 24 percent of 18-34 year-olds saying so and 35 percent saying they want abortions legal only in a few circumstances. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2011 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Abortion - World's View - Page 8

Babies Born Alive in Toilets at Abortion Center, Left to Die

On July 21, 2011, a jury of six found that the notorious late-term abortionist James Scott Pendergraft IV was liable for injuries sustained by a pre-born baby during a failed abortion ten years ago. The jury stunned eye-witnesses in the courtroom by ordering Pendergraft to pay $36,737,660.16 in compensatory and punitive damages.

The case is number 2004-CA-001202 captioned C. H. Et al. V. James Scott Pendergraft IV, et al.

Yesterday, Operation Rescue obtained two amended complaints in the case that finally concluded last week. Court authorities told Operation Rescue that the case had generated 16 volumes of documents, which were all sealed by the court. However, at the direction of Operation Rescue, one pro-life activist was able to procure the rare documents through an open records request.

The documents reveal an almost typical abortion malpractice case of the kind that has occurred by the thousands over the years. What is extraordinary about this is that the aborted baby survived to sue her abortionist for a crippling monetary judgment. Most of these cases are settled out of court for undisclosed amounts of money, then sealed so the public never knows the truth about the dangers of abortion or the shoddy skills of abortion suppliers in America.

"In this case, Pendergraft's pride may have been his downfall. If he"d settled this case, we would not have the documentation of the horrific details of his seedy abortion business," said Newman. "There was an attempt to seal this case, but the documents got out anyway." Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2011 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Abortion - World's View Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

Nighttime Scares: Working at the Abortion Clinic After Dark

When I was at Planned Parenthood, I used to work a lot"¦I mean, a lot. Sometimes, I would work as many as 80 hours in one week. In order to do that, I would have to go in at night. Lots of buildings are eerie at night"¦none are creepier than an abortion clinic.

I remember going into the clinic by myself for the first time in the morning. I used to go in with a group of employees. But I had gotten there before anyone else, so I went ahead and decided to make my way in. One of the guys that worked there had there had made a joke about being in the clinic alone. He said that when you there alone, you could hear babies crying. I always thought that was a weird joke"¦but we made lots of weird jokes there. I knew it certainly wasn't true. Even still, this first day I went in alone, I was a little nervous about it.

I walked in and heard the heavy door slam behind me. It echoed as it closed. The clinic had high ceilings and every noise echoed like you were in a cave. It was silent"¦no creaks, no water dripping, nothing"¦totally silent. So silent in fact, I could almost hear something"¦and I"m telling you, it almost sounded like babies crying. I know that sounds crazy and I totally disregarded it at the time. I ran up to the front of the clinic, away from the freezer where the babies were kept until the medical waste came to pick them up. I didn't want to be next to that freezer. Did I really hear that? Surely it was just my imagination. Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Abortion - The World's View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,