Floating Bottom Bar

Floating Bottom Bar - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 29th Jan, 2010 - 7:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Floating Bottom Bar
5th Oct, 2009 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar

Floating Bottom Bar

We have added a Floating Bottom Bar that dispenses information based on your Membership type. At the moment, when you are Logged into the Community it will show your Username and Post count with links to things you may wish to jump into right away. I will be adding more to this later. Please feel free to give any feedback about it especially any errors it may cause.

Floating Bottom Bar
Floating Bottom Bar (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Oct, 2009 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

I like it. Nice addition that I have not seen on other forums. Those that did have it use it like a menu at the top but it is nice to see how many posts you have and an easy link to the latest posts.

5th Oct, 2009 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar Feedback & FAQ News Community

I was surprised by it. The part I like best is an easy to access "Latest Topics" link.

6th Oct, 2009 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

Recently had to change the Forum layout on certain Skins because the Bottom Bar would stick for certain Opera viewers. Making the Bottom Bar cross browser compatible was really a workout, perhaps the biggest cosmetic undertaking I have done, but it all seems to be functioning well in IE, FF and Opera.

19th Dec, 2009 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

Is it like possible to see our activity percentage in the bottom bar like next to our posts?

18th Jan, 2010 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar

You will not be able to see how active you are via the Bottom Bar, check in Posts.

I recently enhanced the Bar by placing links to major items of the Board along with a new addition called "Major News" which opens a selection of possible Threads that are often repeated in the wider media circles.

Hopefully both new and old Member will be able to add input into more current evens as well as find their way around the Community easily.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2010 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar

Bookmark Options

On the Bottom Bar you will notice the [Bookmark] button. When you click it opens a window with options based on your browser and if you are part of any external social network it gives you a chance to keep Bookmarks of your favorite Threads here in those.

29th Jan, 2010 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar Community News FAQ & Feedback

While I don't mind it, I don't use it, and my only suggestion would be that it is a bit too big and clunky and in-your-face, needing to be trimmed and toned down and not sometimes looking like a McDonald's banner. It stands out to people, to the point of, I feel, being possibly negatively distracting, as I tend to associate odd out-of-place looking things with irritating banners on other websites - it just seems to clash with the relative normalcy of the forums pages themselves.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Floating Bottom Bar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,