G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers

G I Jane Women Soldiers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »
Best of  G I Jane,Women Soldiers The female soldier, is she worth two male soldiers? Can she stand up to the task? Everything discussed openly with a real female marine!
G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers Related Information to G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers
12th Mar, 2003 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Have you seen the movie G.I. Jane? It depicts the struggle of a woman to become a Navy Seale. This thread is not asking if women should be in the military, this is asking if they should be in combat situations that have a high risk of death, such as ground combat.

Some reasons why some say ney:

1. Women should be nurturers at home
2. Time of the month does not go along with combat
3. Men tend to be too protective of women
4. Women are too emotionally driven
5. Men would be less likely to take orders from a woman

What are your thoughts on the subject?

G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
12th Mar, 2003 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers Women Jane GI

international QUOTE
1. Women should be nurturers at home

Yep, they should wink.gif

international QUOTE

2. Time of the month does not go along with combat

Yuck! yeah, that would be a nightmare!
international QUOTE

3. Men tend to be too protective of women

Too OVER PROTECTIVE sometimes.

international QUOTE
4. Women are too emotionally driven

Are we? YES WE ARE!
international QUOTE
5. Men would be less likely to take orders from a woman

Oh yeah, can you imagine Stranger taking orders from me?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

Hmmm,
I don't know about that.
My ex-wives could make a Navy Seal look like a wimp.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Women Jane GI

Just kidding. They are really nice people.

But on the subject, I don't believe I would care to go into combat with women for several reasons.
a- They don't have the psychological mindset for it. Most women are nurturers at heart and do not seem to exhibit the violent tendencies that men do. That would be fatal in combat.

b- The many, many centuries of physical adaptation have left women physically smaller and generally weaker than men. That would be a disadvantage, although not one that could not be overcome.

c- Again, centuries of gender role assignment has given men predatory, hunter, killer instincts. I don't think women have that. I certainly wouldn't want someone at my back I couldn't count on to shoot at the drop of a hat.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Women Jane GI

I typed the word assignment and it got edited to donkeyignment or something like that.

I think there is an editor in the program that replaces key words. It doesn't seem to be very selective.

13th Mar, 2003 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

lol@stranger yes when the 'system' thinks you're saying a bad word it changes automatically by words as 'donkey' or 'thingy' lol

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2003 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

G.I. Jane Women Soldiers

international QUOTE
Yes when the 'system' thinks you're saying a bad word it changes automatically by words as 'donkey' or 'thingy' laugh.gif

Actually it even shows a graphic now for some words.

Concerning GI Jane... I have not seen any women on the news with regards to current wars. Maybe they have them working behind the scenes?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Apr, 2003 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

G.I. Jane Women Soldiers Politics Business Civil & History

Forget my earlier statement - 'I have not seen any women on the news with regards to current wars' - it looks like they are dug in just like the rest of guys.

international QUOTE

The expanding role of GI Jane
American women are more fully engaged in warfare than ever before. By
Ann Scott Tyson
Sources

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: G.I. Jane - Women Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,