Bush in the UK

Bush Uk - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2003 - 6:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
19th Nov, 2003 - 6:44am / Post ID: #

Bush in the UK

Okay, the so called, 'Most Powerful man in the World' is going to the UK and so it has to be in the news front? Why? I thought British security was pretty good? Bush has gone to many other places and there has not been all the fan fare you see going on in the BBC.

Interestingly enough there was a security breach of a journalist who asked for a job two months prior so that he could be involved. Aren't these guys checked out more?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2003 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

UK the Bush

Okay, the so called, 'Most Powerful man in the World' is going to the UK and so it has to be in the news front? Why? I thought British security was pretty good? Bush has gone to many other places and there has not been all the fan fare you see going on in the BBC.  

This trip have an enourmous meaning for Pres. Bush and Tony Blair. First of all like I pointed out in another thread, this trip was plan long time ago as a way to 'celebrate' with Britain the (what they thought it would be) 'success' in Iraq. Now time and soldiers dying every day is the proof that is not time to celebrate as yet and that's why so many people wonder if this trip of Bush was wise. But the other hand, Bush's trip to Britain is a way to prove to the world that the USA still having strong allies by their side. I don't see the need for all the security people for Bush though because in my opinion, Blair is more in danger since he's at 'home' and supporting a war and having thousands of British around who don't agree with it. All this is costing not only a huge amount of money but also the image of Blair is not very good at all. Bush just tried to justify the US presence in Iraq, remember Election time is near, he needs to rebuild his image and he thought that by now he was going to be celebrating the victory over Saddam and it would help him to become President again...but the cards turned to be a bit different.

Interestingly enough there was a security breach of a journalist who asked for a job two months prior so that he could be involved. Aren't these guys checked out more?

Yes, it seems like they didn't even check the references of the guy...amazing! what is most surprising is that some time ago they had a similar problem with a crazy actor who entered the Palace without authorization.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Nov, 2003 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Bush in the UK History & Civil Business Politics

I don't think it is a big deal that President Bush is in Great Britain.  I think the press wants it to be.  They take every opportunity they can to show him in a bad light so they are making a big deal of all the protestors etc.  The President travels frequently as a part of his job so his being in Great Britain really isn't out of the ordinary.   He also entertains many heads of state in US from other countries on a regular basis.  Just goes with the territory.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

20th Nov, 2003 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

UK the Bush

I think the press wants it to be.  They take every opportunity they can to show him in a bad light so they are making a big deal of all the protestors etc.

Sorry but I don't agree. Everybody blames the Press. I'm pretty familiar with the US press, specially with CNN who seems to be so negative about Bush and its administration but let's be honest and say that the Press inform the people and build their news based on facts. The war in Iraq is a very controversial issue all over the world and there are a very high percentage of people who disagree with it. Now, that's not an invention of the Media but true facts.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Nov, 2003 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

UK the Bush

Let me clarify what I mean.  I don't think in the US I care all that much about the fact that they are protesting President Bush while he is in the UK.  The press are making it one of their lead stories.  That is what I think they are doing intentionally to hype it.  I am not saying that the protests aren't happening, I am saying I don't think it needs to get the prominent amount of news coverage that it does.  I believe there are probably other stories far more important to the world than the fact that President Bush is in Great Britain.

While I do not think they necessarily make up the facts in a story that they report, I do believe they have a bias when deciding what stories get the lead.  It certainly is the case in the US that I have seen in my part of the country.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

23rd Nov, 2003 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Bush in the UK

The press are making it one of their lead stories.  That is what I think they are doing intentionally to hype it.  I am not saying that the protests aren't happening, I am saying I don't think it needs to get the prominent amount of news coverage that it does.  I believe there are probably other stories far more important to the world than the fact that President Bush is in Great Britain.

From my journalist point of view, there is no other news more important than the fact that Bush is in Great Britain wink.gif the war is supposed to be 'over' and we still hearing deaths and suicide bombers every single day so the trip of Bush to Great Britain is definetly a great hit for the news. I know what you mean but in journalism, this is what it sells wink.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2003 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Bush in the UK
A Friend

Bush the UK

But what's better for a journalist?
'No news is good news'
or
'Good news is bad news'

That's a question which is intriguing me. Lots of late articles in Polish press make me think that the second is the correct answer. What would you say, LDS?

23rd Nov, 2003 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Bush the UK Politics Business Civil & History

Good news never sell, except they're extremely good wink.gif Bad news, commotion, war, etc is what people wanna read and is what it sells wink.gif yep Seether, you were right tongue.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 23rd Nov, 2003 - 6:53pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bush in the UK

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,