Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe - Studies of Islam - Posted: 15th Oct, 2002 - 10:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (42) »
This thread is NOT specifically about Iraq, the USA, or Afghanistan. It is about Osama Bin Laden himself and the views of the Middle Eastern world about him. Share your views.
Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Related Information to Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
11th Oct, 2002 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden

Did you notice that the US with all the technology of the world cannot explain the fact they cannot catch Osama Bin Laden? What do you think? Is he alive or dead and why the US cannot find him?

Sponsored Links:
14th Oct, 2002 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

Bin Laden a Hero or a Villan?

Throughout history there have been people who have done radical things and seen as a hero or a villain. Now I am sure you already have your opinion about Bin Laden because of all the news coverage, especially by CNN and other news sources. Before you reply with your thoughts take these things into consideration:

1. ROME - when the Roman Empire conquered nations they would do so for what they termed 'civilizing the world'. They did this at the price of blood and peril. People today revere the 'Roman Empire' as one of the great governments, but were they really great? Is imposing your rule and the way you do things more important because you think it is 'civilized'?

2. When Robin Hood robbed from the rich it was 'right' because he was giving to the poor? He is acclaimed as a hero for his stealing.

3. When England demanded the world to bow to the Queen it did so to the cost of slavery, destruction of morals and values and the whole colonized world is still trying to recover from that centuries after. England is seen as the 'center' of education? A nation to look up to?

So here we have Bin Laden, another in history who is trying to do something based on his ideal? Years from now will he be a hero for the (Middle) Eastern World? Will anyone see a significance in what he did?

I guess my point is that we often 'target' individuals without realizing collective thought. Bin Laden could not do what he did unless there were masses behind him. So too… Rome, Robin Hood, etc… These heroes / villains became what they are with backing. If we are to fight anything it would be the thought element that produces hate, war, etc. If we do not there will always be terrorists being raised to hate.

Now, before you get all confused on me… here is what I think about what Bin Laden did… Osama Bin Laden is evil and a coward. Anyone that would use civilians as a means for war is a coward in my eyes. If he had directed his attack towards a battle ready military then we could say the odds would have be 'even'. What made me realize his deception was so hidden was that some of the men that carried out this plot did not even know they were going to die. They did not even have chance to back out.

There has been many documentaries made about Bin Laden since the 9/11 attack. One of these documentaries interviewed many in various parts of the Middle East. Some saw Bin Laden as a hero that represented the plight of Muslims.

Now what are your views?

15th Oct, 2002 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Islam Studies

JB your point is very interesting...actually the other day I was chatting with a Muslim Girl and she was saying something similar...she was saying that some  people in the Muslim nations support Bin Laden because he has given them things that their own government didn't. Like food, he built houses for the people, etc and they see him as the only person who really took an interest in them. The girl was saying that these people live in a horror every day when their mothers, sisters are being raped or died from bombs with the message 'Made in USA' they're sick of it and you have this guy Bin Laden providing them whatever they need and that's why some muslims support him. Personally I cannot understand how these people cannot see that Bin Laden is using them to accomplish his evil purposes, he wants to have the people happy to be able to plan and destroy the USA. And that's wrong. Other thing that I cannot understand is that he gave an interview with a US channel years ago and he said that he will never hurt kids or women or innocent people because that's AGAINST the Islam's teachings and by the other hand you watch those videos of him laughing about what happened in September 11th. He's a liar and a coward. No matter how many good things he can do for the people, he still being a murderer and a person who need to be judged by the law for his actions. Look at the example of Adolf Hitler, did you know that when he invited people for dinner over his house he will not eat until the least of his soldiers eat first? did you know he have a great love for dogs? did you know he treated his soldiers in an excellent way and always providing them with everything they need? Did that make him a good guy? a hero? noooo, nothing can stop the fact that he sent to kill 6,000,000 jews!
This is the same with Bin Laden, history proves there were other people like him who did 'wrong' things for an ideal but when that ideal affect the freedom of other people then it's wrong and need to be fixed....we cannot live in a world of so much pain and fear. Look at the word TERRORISM. I'm sure that word didn't exist in the dictionary in the 1800's for instance. TERROR-ISM...that's what produce in the people, Terror, Fear, Pain!....
If can never find Bin Laden there is someone else that already found him...and has plenty questions for him when he dies...

15th Oct, 2002 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

Good points. In furthering your topic of Hitler together with the likes of Bin Laden notice this:

The good guys actually support these people 'terrorists' until it gets out of hand.
Why do I say that? Think about it using the following examples:

HITLER - The allies actually supported Hitler during his early years as a means to stamp out communism. When Hitler became too powerful and proclaimed his ideals he was then the enemy.

BIN LADEN & FIGTHERS - When the Russians were trying to take over Afghanistan it was the USA who helped these same people with weapons, tranining, etc.

IRAN &  IRAQ - When the USA had war with Iran they used Iraq as a means to get to Iran - now look at today, they are ready to attack Iraq

Again we see that these bad guys do not act alone. They are nurtured, trained, helped and funded not necessarily by other 'bad' guys but by the 'good' ones also. In around about way, places like the USA create men like Bin Laden who become engulfed with their training, weapons, tatics, etc.

15th Oct, 2002 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Great points JB, also you can observe also how some people are willing to sell the soul to the 'devil' in order to have some things done. Example of Hitler, before he went to power Germany had a very high percentage of illiterates and he promised the germans he will get rid of it and he did! people was more than happy and he did a lot of more things for Germany...I remember a tv commercial about it showing the good stuff Hitler did for Germany but in the end they showed the 6,000,000 jews he killed....
It's the same with Bin Laden, people in the middle east are desesperate for food and basic needs, this guy comes and help and he's god....no matter if he kills people because after all he's 'defending' the country from the american attacks....that's how they seem him, that's why it's very hard for people in the western hemisphere to try to understand the mentality of the people in the eastern hemisphere...their religion, their lives are so different to ours, not mention they have been born with the parents teaching them to hate americans...so what we can expect?

15th Oct, 2002 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Well I think the Americans can help that by doing the following;

1. If you want to get involved with a nation then be involved in the 'small' guy, find out how he thinks, and what he wants. In this way you can know why their leader has been voted in that position. The Americans always seem to target the leader and forget that it is the citizens that put him/her there in the first place!

2. Americans have to forget trying to make everywhere else like America. This is the same Roman/British thinking. How often do I hear an American always trying to compare something in one country to theirs. They have to learn that not everyone thinks like they do.

3. Stop thinking that America means the USA only. America is actually all the land from Canada to Argentina. All peoples in the Western Hemisphere are basically Americans - North Americans, Central Americans, South Americans.

4. Stop referring to others as 'aliens'. Everyone that is not a US citizen is from another planet?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Oct, 2002 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe

That's so true JB...I agree totally in all your points, specially in the one of 'aliens'  >:(
BUT  is not good anyway that a country in the Middle East hate the USA to the points to send planes to crash like they did and other things....

15th Oct, 2002 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe Studies Islam

BUT  is not good anyway that a country in the Middle East hate the USA to the points to send planes to crash like they did and other things....

Of course, like I said earlier - they are cowards and those that think Bin Laden's method of demonstrating intolerance was good are more coward and ignorant of the value of life.

This is my theory... maybe the whole thing about Iraq is to have war with them as a type of 'revenge' for Sept. 11th. Maybe there is inside info that Saddam helped in the planning of the attack and Bush wants to get even. BUT this is just my opinion and I may be very ignorant for saying so.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (42) »

> TOPIC: Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,