Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 4 of 42

Yes but the US government doesn't want to - Page 4 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 13th Nov, 2002 - 8:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (42) »
This thread is NOT specifically about Iraq, the USA, or Afghanistan. It is about Osama Bin Laden himself and the views of the Middle Eastern world about him. Share your views.
Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Related Information to Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2002 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 4

But your info is still wrong.  For one thing you really need to get over the anti Bush thing.  You start by saying he likes blood and now you are asking why we did not go into Iraq earlier, and if you investigate the facts you will see that George W. Bush was only President 8 1/2 months prior to the attacks on Sept 11.  To sum up your question of why we did nothing before the answer remains the same, Bill Clinton.

"What I do not understand is... why does the US feel that they do not already have such weapons and if so, why have they not used them yet?"

The answer to that is yes they do have weapons of mass distruction and they have used them (the chemical weapons to be specific) what we don't know is if they have nuclear weapons and if they do they will use them sooner or later regardless of if they are pushed into a corner.  The fact of the matter is still, Al Queda does attack without being pushed into a corner and Saddam is a sponsor of them.  

"Now, why they wait until two planes crashed in the twin towers to do something?. That's my whole point"

Have you really thought about your point?  First you say that Bush likes blood now you are asking why wait until two plains crash into the world trade center.  To be honest if Bush would have acted before September 11 (which he was actually doing by the way) many more people would have accused him of the baseless accusation of being a war-monger.  Many people in this country were thinking the same way as you guys about war, saying why this and why that to avoid the fact that there is an actual threat.  The September 11 attacks made americans aware that life just aint so coozy anymore.  It should be evident in the fact that we did not do a lot of stuff prior to Septemeber 11 to show that we nor our president are infact lovers of blood, we do what we do because we were attacked, we are not the aggressors, but when aggression has been used against us we go after the aggressors, in this case it was Al Queda sponsored in part by Saddam Hussain.  Further, Saddam is also sponsoring the terrorist bombings in Israel, and he is giving arms to palistinian terrorist.  This after September 11.  Saddam is like a rabid dog, pin him in a corner and he might get aggressive but at least you are prepared, turn your back and run and he is even more likely to run after you and bite harder, that is the way dogs are, even friendly dogs, Saddam is no friendly dog.    

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2002 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

For one thing you really need to get over the anti Bush thing

Anti Bush??? I'm not an Anti-Bush *seriously* don't have reasons to be one. I thought about the same thing when Clinton was President. BUT if you want me I will become a republican tomorrow... :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif

Now, I see that you said several times that  I said that Bush likes blood. I never say that, what I said was this (please read carefully):

The USA? well...having Bush as a President WHO IS KNOWN to like 'blood' I will not be amazed

Many people in this country were thinking the same way as you guys about war, saying why this and why that to avoid the fact that there is an actual threat.  

It's natural the reaction of 'normal' people. Who likes war anyway? with threat or not threat a mother or a father doesn't want to send their child to fight and kill. Nobody wants to do that...

but when aggression has been used against us we go after the aggressors, in this case it was Al Queda sponsored in part by Saddam Hussain.  Further, Saddam is also sponsoring the terrorist bombings in Israel, and he is giving arms to palistinian terrorist.  

You have a valid point. What I don't understand is having all the technology that the US has you tell me they could not 'catch' Osame Bin Laden?. Also about your statement of Saddam sponsoring terrorist bombings (I heard of it, this guy is really evil) what proves the US has that he actually did this?

Please do not accuse me of of Anti-Bush or Anti-Republican because I am not. I just share my opinions and thoughs as a foreigner who lived in the USA, Argentina and now in Trinidad. I am also a journalist, so I do believe some of my points are valids, IF you can see them through another perspective (maybe putting yourself in the shoes of a foreigner) or seeing it without being like a zealot you will be able to 'see' what I'm trying to say.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2002 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Islam Studies

Here are some facts, and you can investigate them as a journalist.  The Cheq Government reported that the ambassador of Iraq to the Cheq republic had a meeting with Mohummad Atta in April of 2001.  Some peole have disputed this meeting because of certain issues regarding plain tickets etc.  So the what I will call "non pro Bush" media in the United States tried to show that that was proof that Atta (as a representative for Al Queda) never met with Iraqui leaders.  What the "non pro Bush" media failed to inform the people of is the fact that that was the second of two meetings the Cheq republic said Atta had in that country, the first one has been proven, Atta was in the Cheq republic for 24 hours and then set off for New Jersey.

During the summer in another one of Al Queda's stupid little video shots that was played on CNN they showed that they did in fact have chemical weapons and they tested them on a poor little puppy.  Now one has to wonder where did they get those?  

If I can find it I will send an article that was played on 60 Minutes where 60 Minutes actually interview Iraqui officials and those officials lied and lied again, to the point of telling 60 minutes at first that 60 minutes could look at the facilities in dispute but as normal once the cameras are off saying "you can't go there" (which is so typical of Iraq).  The Iraqui leaders also said that they would never make an alliance with Osama Bin Ladin because of the sect of Islam tha he lives, but they also pointed out that they don't make themselves allies of Iran for their sect of Islam either, but shortly after that interview they became allies.  

I'm not accusing you of anything except a little bias and a lot of misinformation.  Being of Journalist does not make one more informed, in fact if you want my opinion of journalist, I think for the most part they are extremly bias.  For example saying things like this all has to do with oil is completly unfounded in fact considering that MOST americans want our oil to be from our own soil.  The onther bias I see you as having is the assumption that we with all of our technology could just go get Ben Ladin, and you have to understand that this is a man who knows how to make our technology work against us, I mean that is what took down the World Trade Centers, his goons did not have anything but box cutters and a plan.  He is probably one of the smartest guys in the world.

Saddam is well known for sponsoring Palistinian terrorism.

My personal opinion is that Bush should just unleash the best weapon he has against Iraq, which would cost very few american lives and would take out Iraq and the other sponsors of Terrorism in a flash. That weapon of course is Israel

11th Nov, 2002 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

Brian please look at the message I sent you privately (look at the top where it says, "You have x messages") about quoting - it will help you out in these kinds of discussions. Or you can click help.

By the way, I think Israel would have folded up a long time ago if it were firstly not for the British and secondly the USA. I think it is on this point where the Arab nations most hate the main Allies. I am actually suprised that they have not done anything significant with the UK. Or maybe they work through the IRA?

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2002 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

My personal opinion is that Bush should just unleash the best weapon he has against Iraq, which would cost very few american lives and would take out Iraq and the other sponsors of Terrorism in a flash. That weapon of course is Israel

And do all the dirty work for them? Why do you say 'unleash' doesn't Israel have a mind of their own?

11th Nov, 2002 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Brian, your opinion of me being bias is just an assumption. But I do understand some good points you have regards to Iraq and their lies.
My whole point about the conflict between Iraq and the USA is not whether the States have enough proof to attack Iraq or not, but how simplistic sometimes the US government sound in this whole idea of war. I do not know if they really know the consequences that this war will bring. Iraq is not Kuwaitt so they must be really careful in the way they are planning to do all this.
The US President should address his people about this saying that they will do all this to protect THEIR nation. Not my nation or another country's nation BUT the USA nation.
I make very clear this point because as I said before, in my point of view, the attack that took place against Afghanistan and now is going to take against Iraq is because of  US interests, nothing more than that. (I'm NOT questioning the fact if it's right or not).
I know probably you cannot see my whole point just because I supposed you have been living in the US all your life (except for serving a two years mission in another country) But just put a bit in the shoes of a foreigner and you maybe...just maybe, you will be able to understand why the rest of the world are not so keen about this whole idea of the war.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2002 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe - Page 4

Now that CNN is reporting that Osama is still alive (based on a recent tape they found) one can only wonder what is next.

13th Nov, 2002 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe Studies Islam - Page 4

Yes but the US government doesn't want to admit he still alive. I don't know why. I guess they don't want to frighten the americans.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (42) »

> TOPIC: Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,