Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 6 of 42

Just for a matter of curiosity what religion - Page 6 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 5th Jan, 2003 - 4:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (42) »
This thread is NOT specifically about Iraq, the USA, or Afghanistan. It is about Osama Bin Laden himself and the views of the Middle Eastern world about him. Share your views.
Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Related Information to Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
1st Jan, 2003 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 6

[img]https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/YaBBImages/news/bush2.jpg[/img]
"Hmmmm... wait, you mean it's going to cost us 40-50 billion to do this?"

[img]https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/YaBBImages/news/saddam.jpg[/img]
"I may not win this war but I will sure make a hole in their pockets!"

[img]https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/YaBBImages/news/bush2.jpg[/img]
"Darn, anyone have an aspirin?"

From CNN:

U.S. MULLS COST OF IRAQ WAR

While White House budget director Mitch Daniels fueled the debate over the
cost of a potential war with Iraq by estimating such a conflict could cost $50
billion to $60 billion, President Bush brushed aside questions Tuesday on
whether it could cripple the U.S. economy.

https://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/31/...cost/index.html

Do you think that war really makes the US economy better or worst? For me personally it seems hat everytime the US goes to war it prospers. In fact if it were not for WWII the US might not have been as well off now.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2003 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

While White House budget director Mitch Daniels fueled the debate over the
cost of a potential war with Iraq by estimating such a conflict could cost $50
billion to $60 billion

I always say that money used for war is  dirty money. 60 billion dollars!!!!! Can you all imagine how many hungry people in the US and in the world can be fed and help with this?.
Ashame on you Pres. Bush! and in any other President of any country who would spend such a amount of money in a war!. You all are heartless.
War doesn't bring anything good but deaths and pain. Use this money to help the needy and the poor. Do not call yourself a christian if you're doing otherwise!

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Islam Studies

This thread bothers me. I don't think think it is the right time to consider a fleeing terrorist suspect as a friend. sad.gif

https://www.seaworthysys.com/wtc/

4th Jan, 2003 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

This thread bothers me. I don't think think it is the right time to consider a fleeing terrorist suspect as a friend.

I think you misunderstood the thread. It's was question: 'Bin Laden Friend or Foe?", NOT a statement. Even thouugh is hard for you and me and any person who has common sense to see Bin Laden as a friend, remember that we are not the only people in the world. Most  people in muslims countries see Bin Laden as a friend since this guy helped them with houses, food, etc. So, it would be naive to just open the thread for the people who see him as a terrorist because we like it or not, there are thousands or millions of people out there who don't see him that way and personally I want to know why! don't you?.  That's why the thread is open to everybody to express their thoughts about it.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

I think you misunderstood the thread.

No I didn't. I have stated my opinion. I think its a very sad situation for those that may think he is a hero. For those that think he is responable for 9/11 i feel they are at least entitled to a fair court trial. BL is either dead or he don't respect the USA claims. That is sad. So much time and he is still on the run.

It is my opinion that the USA is not intrested in opressing these countries. IMO the USA does want to secure the best intrest of the freedom that does exist in those countries.

The next couple of weeks will testify of the true desires of the USA.

I don't doubt the the war against terrorism.

I would like to see it won without loosing a life on either side of the war. I would like to see it won on common beliefs and goals and strenthed friendships.

4th Jan, 2003 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

This thread bothers me. I don't think think it is the right time to consider a fleeing terrorist suspect as a friend.

What do you mean by 'right time'? It is an issue in the world that has happened. In fact, I got the 'theme' of this thread from watching a CNN report some months ago. In the report the journalist was interviewing several people from muslim based countries and all of them said they saw Bin Laden as a hero. If you are bothered that people see Bin Laden as hero, well then sure, I am concerned about it too, but it still does not change how people in other countries see it and I think it would be wrong to put a 'blind' eye to it. We should be aware of others thoughts and feelings, that is how we can be prepared for such things, thats how we will know how to react, even if it is a response based on war.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jan, 2003 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe - Page 6

[quote]No I didn't. I have stated my opinion. I think its a very sad situation for those that may think he is a hero. For those that think he is responable for 9/11 i feel they are at least entitled to a fair court trial. BL is either dead or he don't respect the USA claims. That is sad. So much time and he is still on the run. [/quote]

How he can respect the US claims? He doesn't care about the US or anybody else! the prove that he planned an attack like the one on 9/11 shows he doesn't care about anything! He's a coward. Yes, it is sad that some people see him as hero. As a journalist, all this brings more questions and more answers are needed.
[quote]
It is my opinion that the USA is not intrested in opressing these countries. IMO the USA does want to secure the best intrest of the freedom that does exist in those countries.  

The next couple of weeks will testify of the true desires of the USA.  

I don't doubt the the war against terrorism.  [/quote]

I do. I hate any kind of war. I do not trust in politians really. There is always something more behind everything. I do not believe that the so called war against 'terrorism' has only that purpose. There is more going there than that.
But this is my opinion as a non-american living outside the USA. I lived there for two years though.[/quote]
[quote]I would like to see it won without loosing a life on either side of the war. I would like to see it won on common beliefs and goals and strenthed friendships. [/quote]
Hmmm we have different points of view about this . How can a war be won without hurting people, killing innocents and spending billions of dollars who can be used to feed the hungry and help the needy?? tell me how!.
War is wrong in my eyes no matter what's the reason for it.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2003 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe Studies Islam - Page 6

Just for a matter of curiosity what religion are the owners of this web site ??

> TOPIC: Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,