Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 7 of 42

yes, maybe. I thought that he said he was - Page 7 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 15th Feb, 2003 - 3:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (42) »
This thread is NOT specifically about Iraq, the USA, or Afghanistan. It is about Osama Bin Laden himself and the views of the Middle Eastern world about him. Share your views.
Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Related Information to Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
11th Jan, 2003 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 7

[quote]Just for a matter of curiosity what religion are the owners of this web site ?? [/quote]
Strange question, but I will answer it... we are Christians and our beliefs can be learned from; https://www.lds.org Let me be  a little forward and presume you ask becuase you want to know if we are for or against Bin Laden? The basic answer to that is we are NOT in support of Bin Laden. Are we in support of Muslims? Yes, the muslims who really practise the Quran are not like Bin Laden, but in any case you can gather what we say if you start with the beginning of the thread. If I have pressumed wrong in the reason you asked then, sorry for my babblings. Let me know in the next post why y0u asked... smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2003 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
A Friend

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

Sorry I should have been more clear in why I asked. I notice that there are so many topics here that I was not sure if this was an Latter-Day Saint forum or belonging to some other denomination. I like it.

22nd Jan, 2003 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Islam Studies

[quote]Sorry I should have been more clear in why I asked. I notice that there are so many topics here that I was not sure if this was an Latter-Day Saint forum or belonging to some other denomination. I like it. [/quote]
The board does not belong to any particular theme except for the fact that it is owned and run by Borde Global Impact Designs®. We do not want people to post thinking that only LDS are here, etc, because it not so. The best place for info on this board is available in the HELP section. The link is: https://www.bordeglobal.com/board/YaBBHelp/ or simply click 'help' at the top of this or any page within this forum.

Glad you like the board though and hope to see you posting positive stuff. Thanks.

11th Feb, 2003 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

It seems like the name of Osama Bin Laden is back on the prowl again. The recent tape of Bin Laden makes you want to ask this big question:

Where is Osama Bin Laden? Is he in Iraq?

From CNN:

Purported bin Laden tape backs Iraqis
A new audio message purportedly from Osama bin Laden calls on Muslims around the world to show solidarity against U.S.-led military action against Iraq. "This war of the infidels that the U.S. is leading with its allies... we are with you and we will fight in the name of God," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/02/11/...wrap/index.html

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2003 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

No one knows for sure where Bin Laden is but I had an experience 8 months ago that convinced me that he was holed up just outside the tiny village of Tathlith in Southwestern Saudi Arabia.  During one of my extended offroad trips in and out of the wadis of Saudi Arabia on a quest to locate and verify the BOM trail of Lehi and Nephi, my companion and I stopped for gas and to relieve ourselves. As I walked through a cafeterialike back room, three clean well-dressed Saudi Men approached me and asked where I was from and why I was there (in this out-of-the-way-God-forsaken wilderness-in-the-middle-of-nowhere entrance to a wide and intricate wadi).  I explained to the men that my companion and I were doing research on the ancient Frankincense trail and were on the trail of a special Israelite family that had passed this way thousands of years ago. I then excused myself to use the Hamam. I came out and two more joined the three before me and asked why I was there. They accused me of being some type of hunter for Bin Laden. My companion is from Texas and looks like a typical hard-core and hardened roughneck American.  We had a GPS mounted in our jeep, cameras and all sorts of other survival-type equipment that struck these men as odd (especially because of the remoteness of the Area). I told them brusquely that I could care less where this man Bin Laden was and was about to leave when their spokesperson raised his voice at us and said you must beware, you will never find Osama Bin Laden. Never! I said fine, that's good! Salaamalekum (Peace Be upon You All) or Goodbye and we headed out into the desolate wadi in a hurry.  If we were to be ambushed I thought, it would be that night or the next in some desolate area where no one would ever find us. Fortunately for us, the wadi is wide and complex and we only ran into an occasional shepherd or bedu - not an organized gang.  In any case, while I was talking with these men, I got a distinct impression that they were hiding something or someone. Their unusual mannerisms compared to the typical 'Welcome Stranger' attitude travelers extend to one another in the desert environment. It was a very strong feeling. I've been teaching Saudis long enough to know when they are trying to be deceptive and this was one such case. Osama Bin Laden has tremendous support amongst the Saudi people in the Southwestern region of Saudi Arabia from Yemen through the Asir and even up into Mecca. During that time and even now, it is clear that americans or Westerners are not very welcome in that part of Saudi Arabia. The Government claims the territory is under control but the people think differently. This area would be a perfect place for Osama to hide. Plenty of cover and plenty of friendlies. I of course didn't see Osama Bin Laden but the Al-Qaeda types that I met all at once in a small isolated enclave made me very suspicious.  The US would never be allowed to enter that part of Saudi Arabia for many complex reasons relating to Tribal loyalties, saving Royal face and the lack of support facilities in the area.  He would also have access to good medical facilities or equipment as well as technology allowing him to follow the news and broadcast or create tapes to communicate to his operatives. So I think he's there in that area of Saudi Arabia and by now, the CIA etc are probably on to this fact as well. It's how to locate and extract him from his supporters that will be difficult - especially there.  

15th Feb, 2003 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

What an interesting story nephiproject, kind of scary too...you know, two americans in a land where you know you're not welcome anymore it's scary to me!. Maybe because of all what happened on 9/11 the attitude of the saudis towards americans totally changed and maybe these people were just upset to see you all there. Or Bin Laden is really hidding in there...well it seems like he's going to kill himself this year for what I have read in the newspapers  He said he will do it in a last terrorist attack against the United States...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2003 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe - Page 7

It's possible but unlikely. So long as he continues to live and speak for his cause, he will be able to rally disgruntled, frustrated and desperate Arabs to carry on.

15th Feb, 2003 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe Studies Islam - Page 7

yes, maybe. I thought that he said he was going to kill himself as a way to fool everybody that he's dead. He doesn't look like the type like he's really going to do it but again..who knows.

> TOPIC: Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,