Chinese Workers In Trinidad

Chinese Workers Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Oct, 2009 - 9:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2009 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Do you think that Chinese Workers In Trinidad are abused and over worked?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Workers Chinese

Those Chinese in Trinidad putting up buildings fast but now we know why because they working like they back in the Ming Dynasty with Emperor commanding them like slaves.

14th Oct, 2009 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Chinese Workers In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes these Chinese labourers are being severely exploited and have to work in atrocious conditions. I really feel sorry for these people. Imagine that you are in a strange country, where you cannot speak the language and you are being exploited. I understand that they are not even being paid and must work long hours (in most cases, twenty four hours!). No one is looking out for these people, not even the Chinese Association is helping them out!

15th Oct, 2009 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Workers Chinese

I was watching the news on CNMG last night and I was stunned at what I heard. I understand that the employer is saying that the Chinese labourers violated their contract and will not be paid but put on a plane and sent back home! Can you believe this? I never knew that slavery still existed! If the employer wants to fire them, fine but pay the people all outstanding wages for the hours that they actually worked! These labourers are being treated worse than dogs! I saw someone from OWTU talking to the media last night. So I am hoping that they will fight this case for these poor labourers who cannot even speak English to defend themselves. It is horrible for this to be happening to these Chinese labourers but it is even worse that the Government chooses to remain silent on the matter!

15th Oct, 2009 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Workers Chinese

I agree with you Geenie. What these people are going through is hell! It is a shame that companies here would take advantage of people in need in this way!

16th Oct, 2009 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Last night I saw the same guy from the OWTU in a meeting and he informed the media that he intends to raise the matter with the Minister of Labour. I just thought of something. Maybe the Government does not want to intervene since they are currently "importing Chinese labour" and perhaps, they do not wish to "make waves." This is really sad. I hope the guy from OWTU is successful in his endeavours.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2009 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chinese Workers Trinidad

All you check the Newsday front page with the kung fu styling by the Chinese against the police? They really fight or just playing thing?

> TOPIC: Chinese Workers In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,