Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 159 of 174

He is not that far away you can catch him - Page 159 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Apr, 2018 - 2:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 174 pgs.  155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 159

Would it be ok to then ask my last action be disregarded as I tried to pull it off.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

You can edit your post in the party leader thread so that is says something different. That way you will not be doing the drop kick.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

By the time you advised me not to 30mins had passed by so I cannot.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 159 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, Red, a couple of things:

-You need to add the appropriate modifier to a dice roll when taking an action. For instance, attacking with either the rapier or the bow would involve adding your BAB (+0), and your Dexterity (+4). So the attack roll would be a 1d20+4 for now.

-When attacking with something that causes damage, go ahead and roll for that damage at the same time. For instance, your rapier deals 1d6+Strength damage. So you'd roll a 1d6-1.

-Trip attempts are complicated things. You need to make an attack roll (Unarmed attack since you don't have a weapon with the Trip special property), then if it hits, a strength roll that is contested by a strength or dexterity roll from the one you're trying to trip. I would not recommend attempting to trip a horse as you are. It gets a +4 bonus on this contest for being bigger than you, and another +4 bonus for having four legs, and was already stronger than you.

-It is also worth noting that you cannot make an attack and a trip attempt in the same turn. Now, nothing is stopping you from making the attack you rolled next turn, but by then, your target will have already run past.

-You probably won't kill the one fleeing with just one attack either, so here is my suggestion. Try grappling the rider, and drag him out of the saddle physically. Frankly, the odds of success doing that are still low, but the chances there are better than the other options mentioned. In order to try that, you need to make a melee touch attack followed by a strength check (In your case, that would be 2 rolls of 1d20-1).

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2018 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Wait wouldn't me grappling onto his back and biting him cause the bandit to effectively have his hands tied while bleeding out because to throw me off would require both hands to force my jaw of him leaving him wide open to a dismount attempt along with giving aven chasing us a better chance to take him out with his mount as were on the floor? And if so what's the modifiers needed with a roll to latch on with the bite and attempt to drag him off with?

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 13th Apr, 2018 - 8:06am

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2018 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bite attacks don't automatically latch on in a manner that's tough to dislodge. You are free to describe a grapple and attacks that way. But in order to do that, you still need to pass the grapple attempt.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2018 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 159

Kn, is there any chance of catching up to this runner physically, or is bow work and maybe a spell from Avan the only shot we have?

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2018 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 159

He is not that far away you can catch him before he gets out of town as he is between you and Avan.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.