Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 117 of 174

She does not have any spells that can hide - Page 117 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 174 pgs.  113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 117

Another query, are you using home rules for familiars?

By default a familiar's master can't get much in the way of sensory data from a distance, just basic emotions. It isn't until level 13 that images can be obtained, and even then only once per day.

I think it is safe to assume the mage is over level 5, in which case the familiar can talk to the master, but that's verbal communication, not telepathy or anything else that can report details from a distance.

Bastion wouldn't know the difference of course, just wanted to clear things up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yes I am using the book rules for familiars. I am telling you the level of the mage using the familiar so as of right now you have no clue if they can see or know what is going on *smile* But yes they are at least equal to Deanna.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Kntoran, As mentioned in the leader thread, Krusten borrowed a few things from her party members for that shot. Bastion's strategist gloves, and Avan's Bracers of archery. Casting of true strike from the gloves grants her +20 for her next attack. The possibility of using that to negate the distance penalty is the main reason we were willing to try this.

I don't know if the bracers stack with the rest of what she's got, but if it does, she actually shorted herself by 3 on that first attack roll rather than being too high by 18.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Apr, 2017 - 5:02pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 117 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I did not catch that being done I will amend my post so that you can see what happens in that case.

4th Apr, 2017 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Thanks for your quick response KNtoran. I have another question for you. Last time we came through here we were unable to turn the wagon or anything. I assume that it would likewise be impossible for us to hide the wagon off the road somehow and set an ambush for anyone who might come investigate?

2nd queston: where are we exactly along the road. I remember there being some ruins of a camp at the top of the second hill and then it being down hill/flat until we reached the fort. Are we at those ruins or further along?

3rd question: Assuming it is impossible for us to hide the wagon off the road, would it be possible to turn it so that it blocks the road and impedes the progress of anyone coming to investigate? We are thinking of using it as a choke point to limit the number of foes we have to face in open combat.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

1. Yes it is impossible to turn the wagon around unless you are at one of the camps up on top of a hill or at the stronghold itself.

2. You had stopped part way up the last hill before you were in sight of the strong hold itself.

3. You can place the wagon across the road to make it very hard to get around.

You are in a slope and it can make a wagon unstable to be across the slope keep that in mind.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 117

In Character: Ildrahil looks at Deanna, "Mayhaps you could help here. Do ye have any spells that can hide the party and our wagon?"

Out of Character: I posted this over in the party leader thread yesterday and should have posted it here.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 117

She does not have any spells that can hide a party. She is more of a battle mage not a hiding mage.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.