Heat Wave

Heat Wave - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Aug, 2003 - 2:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2003 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Heat Wave

We're having a heatwave over here at the moment, and I heard on the news that today was the hottest day in London EVER... well since records begun. It's been in the mid to high 90's oF. I know this is normal for some countires but we're just not used to it. The trains have bene made to go slower and some cancelled etc.

I also find it hard to sleep when it's hot sad.gif lucky the chat has given me something to do lol

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Wave Heat

Robert, I can understand about the heat.  I live in Mississippi and we have extrememly hot summers.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the heat, but the humidity makes it worse.  I don't even venture out of the house during the day.  At night the sometimes, the heat drops down into the 80's, but it's still quite humid.  Even with the air conditioning, we have to run fans to try and circulate the cooler air around.  

I'm glad the chat gives you something to do during the heat.  ;)  lol

7th Aug, 2003 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Heat Wave History & Civil Business Politics

Wow, I know it's hard when you're not accostum to such high temperatures. My first year in Trinidad was hell actually lol it was sooo hot I could hardly sleep and I had to take naps during the day because the heat had me crazy but I noticed that with time I started getting accostum to it wink.gif and now, I don't feel it like I used to. What you can do is right before bed time, take a nice cold shower, that will help you a lot to sleep better.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Wave Heat

I can understand the heat wave situation in Europe. It's not just the temperature reading ... it's the suddenness of the rise in temperature. Like LDS said, if it keeps up the high temperature, very soon the whole Europe will get acclimatised to it, get used to it. By then, maybe we here at the equator can swap seasons with the Europeans .... I DON"T MIND SOME COOL NIGHTS HERE !  lol!

And it is always like that where the situation gets worse with the accompanying events ... the forest fires, Man, that would really heat things up even more. We have forest fires in neighboring Indonesia almost evry year, and the dusts and ash create hazy skies throughout, AND it always happen during the dry season. Really sucks!

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Wave Heat

Robert, I can understand about the heat.  I live in Mississippi and we have extrememly hot summers.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the heat, but the humidity makes it worse.  I don't even venture out of the house during the day.  At night the sometimes, the heat drops down into the 80's, but it's still quite humid.  Even with the air conditioning, we have to run fans to try and circulate the cooler air around.  

I'm glad the chat gives you something to do during the heat.  wink.gif  lol

lol, the problem is we don't have air conditioning sad.gif
it was raining last week now its realy hot and humid, it changes so fast lol.

I prefer colder weather because at least then you can put more clothes on, more blankets on yuor bed and turn the heating up, but there's only so much clothes you can take off when it's hot tongue.gif

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Heat Wave

I DON"T MIND SOME COOL NIGHTS HERE !  
And it is always like that where the situation gets worse with the accompanying events ... the forest fires, Man, that would really heat things up even more. We have forest fires in neighboring Indonesia almost evry year, and the dusts and ash create hazy skies throughout, AND it always happen during the dry season.

I can imagine.  I would gladly send alittle of our cooler nights your way.  :)  I have noticed there are many forest fires all over the world right now with not much relief in site.  :(  Hopefully, you will get some rain soon to wash away some of the soot and help to put out some of the fires.  :)  It may even cool things off a bit too.

the problem is we don't have air conditioning it was raining last week now its realy hot and humid, it changes so fast

I can understand that.  I was born and raised part of my life in Rhode Island (where it has been known to snow as late as May!  lol) we never had air conditioning while we were living there.  But in Mississippi, it is a necessity.  But like LDS and Fireduck pointed out, it just takes some getting used to.  The heat here isn't so bad as long as the weatherman isn't predicting rain.  That's what really spikes up the humidity.  Like we had tons of rain yesterday so, the tempertature today is predicted to be in the 80's.  But the humidity will be lower which helps me to actually want to leave the house for a while today.  Considering we are starting to move today I'm glad that it isn't too hot.  ;)  lol

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Heat Wave

I can understand that.  I was born and raised part of my life in Rhode Island (where it has been known to snow as late as May!  lol) we never had air conditioning while we were living there.  But in Mississippi, it is a necessity.  But like LDS and Fireduck pointed out, it just takes some getting used to.  The heat here isn't so bad as long as the weatherman isn't predicting rain.  That's what really spikes up the humidity.  Like we had tons of rain yesterday so, the tempertature today is predicted to be in the 80's.  But the humidity will be lower which helps me to actually want to leave the house for a while today.  Considering we are starting to move today I'm glad that it isn't too hot.  wink.gif  lol

yeah i'll get used to it eventually lol.
i went on holiday last year with my family and my aunt's feet swelled up because of the heat ohmy.gif

and the heat does make a change from the rain we get the other 350 days of the year  ;D

btw, good luck with the moving, hope it all goes well!

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2003 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Heat Wave
A Friend

Heat Wave Politics Business Civil & History

btw, good luck with the moving, hope it all goes well!

Thanks, I'll still be online, we're not moving the puter until tomorrow afternoon.  That's what I really dread moving.  ;)  lol

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Heat Wave

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,