Celebrating With Fireworks In Trinidad & Tobago

Celebrating Fireworks Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Dec, 2014 - 11:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Should the sale of fireworks be banned in Trinidad & Tobago?
17th Oct, 2009 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

I remember how popular fireworks were when it was first introduced in Trinidad. A few years ago, there was a lady on the news who complained very bitterly, how the noise of the fireworks was preventing her new born infant from sleeping. She also expressed a wish that fireworks and bursting bamboo should be banned. Are fireworks and bursting bamboo a nuisance to human beings and pets? Or is this a glorious way to celebrate a special occasion? Should the government ban fireworks and bursting bamboo? What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2009 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Fireworks Celebrating

Never heard of bursting bamboo. Is this a common practice and how they do it? Generally, even though I love my peace, I have no problem with fireworks as long as it is handled by professionals and not the common Joe in the streets but it does bother me often because of my kids when they try to sleep.

27th Oct, 2009 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Celebrating With Fireworks In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

international QUOTE
Is this a common practice and how they do it?

First of all, you cut a piece of bamboo, clean out the inside and allow to dry. Sometimes, it is even better to search for an old bamboo (when it is dry and looks brown). Next, make a small incision and insert carbide in the hole. Strike a match and place it inside the bamboo and then, KABOOM! Now many Trinis allow their kids to burst bamboo and this is not a very good practice. If you are not sure how to do this, then a person could lose a limb or even injury his eyes. I have heard a few reports concerning kids who attempt to burst bamboo, unsupervised and the end result is losing an eye or an arm. Bursting bamboo is a very old tradition here in Trinidad and Tobago.

I love to watch fireworks but as usual, anything new, Trinis have a tendency to overdo everything. I did not mind watching fireworks for New Year's day, Independence day and Christmas day. But lately, I have noticed people using fireworks during Easter, Divali, Eid and almost throughout the year. I think it can be a nuisance and I hate the effect it has on dogs. My neighbour's german shepherd always leaps into my yard and makes a loud howling sound. I usually come out and put the dog in my house and notify the neighbour about the dog. At first, I used to carry the dog back but now, the neighbour and myself have agreed to allow the dog to stay at my house until everything settles down. Some of my friends even sedate their dogs as advised by their vets. I have also seen pictures at TTSPCA of dogs being seriously injured as a result of the fireworks. So fireworks and bursting bamboo can be enjoyable once done in moderation.

29th Dec, 2013 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Geenie)
She also expressed a wish that fireworks and bursting bamboo should be banned. Are fireworks and bursting bamboo a nuisance to human beings and pets?

I agree with her. The only exception is licensed persons who have a set location for these things that will not be in peaceful neighborhoods. For instance the Queen's Park Savannah or other open ground. No regular person should be able to simply buy fireworks - the fact that they can in Trinidad and Tobago is a statement of the lack of empathy towards those who have newborns, children and pets that may be affected.

Two of my autistic children suffer terribly when the explosion sounds (Especially the ones that are like a cannon) - they cry deeply and scream in pain. Sometimes this is from kids and more likely adults right outside the street that should know better! What is worst is that when they hear my children crying what do they do - laugh. Heartless Trinis.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2014 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Name: Tired

Comments: Why isn't the government doing anything to enact or enforce laws from selling fireworks to just anyone? Only professionals should have it.

22nd Jul, 2014 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Why? Because the number one company who sells them is a "Big" Person in Trinidad who I am sure knows a lot of people, it is a huge profitable business. I am just holding my head about what is going to be like on Independence Day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2014 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Celebrating Fireworks Trinidad & Tobago

The fireworks needs to be banned. The scratch bombs are really bad. People need to be put in jail for this and set as an example so others won't do it.

26th Dec, 2014 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Celebrating Fireworks Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

When I hear those scratch bombs going off I become very angry and depressed. Angry because we live in a society that does nothing to stop people hurting people and depressed because besides ear muffs there is hardly anything I can do to console the tears of my autistic son who is sorely afraid of the terrible sound.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Celebrating With Fireworks In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,