Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 3 of 5

the answer to this is a 100% yes not only - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jul, 2003 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
7th May, 2003 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 3

MY opinion is that people should be judged based on there MENTAL AGE, because someone can be young but have a very grown up mature mind and understand the difference between right and wrong,

I understand what you mean, but that is the same thing that lawyers fight over now, how does one prove 'maturity'?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2003 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?
A Friend

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

When a person knows what they are doing, and understands the difference between right and wrong. and is given freedom,and has control on what they do. then i think they are capable of being in controle and therefore should take full responsibility of there actions. And obay the laws!!!!

Post Date: 22nd May, 2003 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? History & Civil Business Politics

this is just my opinon on the topic,, but i don't think nobody should be sent to the death chamber adults or juveniles,, say somebody kills somebody then they put them on deathrow and kill them ,, whats the differnce there? is that really justice? killing is killing no matter how you look at it i think. i say just give them life in prison that way they will have to face what they did everday.

Post Date: 30th May, 2003 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 chamber death to sent juveniles Should

I like the death penalty.  If you look at the stats alone you can see that when the death penalty was used more often crime was down, when it was not used crime was up.

In Taiwan they don't play any games about it, if you murder you die.  There are very few murders in Taiwan because of this.  They also have laws againts arms trafficing and when I went there they gave each of us a paper that said under no uncertain terms that if we were trafficing arms into Taiwan we may be subject to the death penalty.

30th May, 2003 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

I like the death penalty

I see a debate brewing from the next poster, so I am not going to add anything to this. wink.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

30th May, 2003 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

I like the death penalty

I guess you meant, you are in agreement with the death penalty. :smile.gif to use the word 'like' is a bit too much for me at this time of the day :smile.gif....If not instead of calling you BrianT I will have to call you 'Brian 'Dracula' T' LOL.

If you look at the stats alone you can see that when the death penalty was used more often crime was down, when it was not used crime was up.

That's totally innacurate. Your country is the best example that the statetement is far from reality.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2003 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should juveniles sent to death chamber - Page 3

This is slightly off topic..... but something to "add" to the thought of Death Penalty (Juvenile or Adult).

Oddly enough, a board I post at all the time.... a woman posted on this very subject (except the crime has not been "committed" Yet

Here is her Post:

I'd like for anyone reading this who believes in the death penalty to think about it for a bit, then go ahead and read what I'm going to copy here from an email I just received this AM...
From the email:

XXX,
I am glad Dave told you what Justin did to Drew. I wish it was just a matter of his anger but it is SSSSOOOO much more. He can be violent for no apparent reason. He can just walk up to a kid and punch them. Be it in the face, arm, stomach, or leg. He will slap someone just because he may not like the way they looked at him. He will poke because he feels like it. He seems to have the belief system that rules of any kind are for others but NOT for him. When confronted with unacceptable behavior, he lies, denies, and yells like, for lack of a better word, crazy.
When I send him to his room, most of the time, something will get broken as he works his way down the hall. What ever he feels like hitting, he will. I do have my clown collection still but a lot of them have gotten broken. I limit what I will have around because I know most things glass are not safe around Justin.

Val, I can't tell you the number of people that have talked with him/worked with him as far as delayed gratification. Does he connect the bad behavior to the punishment? Not during an episode. All rational leaves he and pure, raw emotion takes hold. I don't know if I am explaining it right or not but that is the best way I can tell you. He is classified as a severely emotionally disturbed child. What does his future hold? The outlook is not good, in fact, it's rather bleak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kid held his little cousin's head underwater until someone caught him....the cousin nearly drowned.

This kid has been to doctor upon doctor...nobody, it seems, can help him.

His mother, my friend's daughter, was a crack addict who snorted/smoked during her pregnancy.

Eventually this kid will grow into adulthood. He may murder someone...it's a possibility.

Is the death penalty justified for people like this?

Why can we never "see" the child in these people who never wanted to be the way they are?

Why do we punish them, with death, for things they can't help?

PS..this kid is seven years old...he has been exhibiting this behavior since he could walk and talk.

It brings a lot of things up. This Grandmother is trying to get help for this boy..... she can see where he is headed.  Obviously he is off balance.
If he in deed does harm someone, is he to blame?

I am not saying if he does, there should be no repercussions...... but is death the answer?

"Vengeance is Mine Saith the Lord."  I believe in punishment, but not death.
I also know the bible says to obey the rules of the land..... but sadly many UN-GODLY men set up our laws....one of them IMO is the death penalty.

To some people, death is easy. They do not care anyway. Besides, in their final hour they could have acceptance from God, become saved and live in eternity in heaven. Karla Fay Tucker comes to mind.

I think prison should be tougher.... both for juveniles and adults.

But I am not in favor of the death penalty (and I am from and live in Texas!)

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should juveniles sent to death chamber Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

the answer to this is a 100% yes not only them but anybody else has to know that for every action there is a reaction and who knows when they figure that their life is at stake they just might change their mind [I know i would]

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,