Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 4 of 5

QUOTE What about that woman trying to raise - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Oct, 2003 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2003 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?
A Friend

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? - Page 4

Again, if I may add my two cents! ( I think that is about what it's worth.)  We must first establish the reasons for the death penalty, which is Murder!  But what is Murder?  The Lord calls it "Shedding innocient blood."  And in this instance the death penalty is justified.  Should a Juvenile be sent to the death Chamber?  I suppose it depends on the circumstances of his crime.  Was it justified or not?  Was it for greed or robbery, etc?  Was it accidental? Did the youth know what he was doing, etc.  However, I must point out that the death penalty was not devised by man, as someone suggested, but was infact instituted by the Lord himself.  We read about this in Gen. 9;1-6...(And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.)  I realize this scripture is one of the scriptures Bro.
Brigham used to support the principle of "Blood Atonement", but this really is a principle of the Gospel, as the scriptures show.  Is this still in force today? Yes, there are still two sins which are not covered under the Atonement of Christ. 1. Murder, (sheding innocient blood) and 2. Denying the Holy Ghost, (There is no forgivness in this world, nor in the world to come.)  Do I like the death penalty? No! But by the same token do I want to support these lowlife individuals for the rest of their lives? Again no way!  Which method of punishment would the Lord approve?....Later

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 6:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

I'm probably going to get flamed for this one, but just remeber, this is an open forum and you did ask.

Yes, I think juveniles should be just as eligible to be placed on death-row as an adult.  But they should remain on death-row until after their eighteenth.  Then of course they get their appeal and a second chance in court.  My reasoning; if a person is old enough to commit murder (not man-slaughter but murder) then they are old enough to be put to death by the state.  Now I know many of you will be saying "but what about a small child that is playing around and kills a younger sibling, friend, etc..."  My answer, that would be man-slaughter either because the child is too young to understand what it is doing or what will happen or because it was completely accidental.  This is a tough case, but I doubt that their is a jury in the world (that's not manipulated by an evil warlord) that would put away a four year old.

So there you have it, my thoughts on the matter.  And please don't give some horrible reply about how stupid I am.  You won't change my mind just like how I haven't changed yours.  And remember, my opinion was solicited and not just something I posted up here for the sheer fun of being yelled at.

16th Aug, 2003 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber? History & Civil Business Politics

So there you have it, my thoughts on the matter.  And please don't give some horrible reply about how stupid I am.  You won't change my mind just like how I haven't changed yours.  And remember, my opinion was solicited and not just something I posted up here for the sheer fun of being yelled at.

Andrew, you don't have to worry about people calling you names in this forum. We are open to different opinions  and respect other's people point of view wink.gif The rules here are very tough regards to the way we should talk to each other, so don't worry about it. smile.gif
Actually you make a lot of sense, specially with the first part of your post when you speak about a minor turning 18 and be able to ask for an appeal. I never thought it that way.  Great post.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 chamber death to sent juveniles Should

I think juveniles should be just as eligible to be placed on death-row as an adult.  But they should remain on death-row until after their eighteenth.  Then of course they get their appeal and a second chance in court.

I agree with you, Andrew.  There has to be some way of making an example to other juveniles.  Now, whether or not, they are sent to the death chamber is a different story, but they should be doing something other than a slap on the wrist.  Now, if the child is younger, like under the age of 10, the parents should hold some kind of responsibility also.  It is the parents responisibility to make sure that they teach their child(ren) the difference between right and wrong.  Unfortunately, now adays, some (not all) parents use the tv, video games, and internet as a form of babysitting.  Of course, these same parents I refer to, don't even take the time to find out what their child(ren) are doing or who they are with.  

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

chamber death to sent juveniles Should

It depends on what they do.  I don't think they should be sentanced to death but i think they should get the same sentance as a full grown person.  A crime is a crime.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't think they should, but juveniles should be punished more than they are right now.  Like my bro said, a crime is a crime.  I can understand if its a little kid, but a teenager who knows what they are doing should be held accountable.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Oct, 2003 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Should juveniles sent to death chamber - Page 4

Now, if the child is younger, like under the age of 10, the parents should hold some kind of responsibility also.  It is the parents responisibility to make sure that they teach their child(ren) the difference between right and wrong.

What about that woman trying to raise her 7 year old grandson mentioned earlier in this thread? She has apparently taken many steps to "fix" his behavior to no avail.  Should she be punished when he eventually hurts someone?

As far as death penalty for juveniles, I am against it no matter what the crime.  I don't believe a 17 year old really has a good understanding of just how mortal they are and I don't think they are necessarily fully developed intellectually either.  I am certainly not the same person today I was at 17.  I can't imagine being held responsible with my life for something I did at 17.  At that age most of who I was had to do with my childhood life experiences, which weren't good.  They were aweful, but not criminal on the part of my parents, but I was still affected.  It took years of experience and life to become who I am today.

What about the 12 year old who killed a 6 year old.  He didn't get the death penalty, but did get life in prison.  I don't think it is right to still be punishing a person at 40 say for something they did at 12.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should juveniles sent to death chamber Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

What about that woman trying to raise her 7 year old grandson mentioned earlier in this thread? She has apparently taken many steps to "fix" his behavior to no avail.  Should she be punished when he eventually hurts someone?
 I don't think parents should be punished unless they find evidence that they treated their kid in a way that could provoke such actions.  Like letting a kid play video games for example.  Some people think that letting kids play shooter games and stuff makes them evil and bad.   I've played game slike that for years, what it done to me?  Nothing, i'm still the crazy psychopath i was 5 years ago. wink.gif

As far as death penalty for juveniles, I am against it no matter what the crime.  I don't believe a 17 year old really has a good understanding of just how mortal they are and I don't think they are necessarily fully developed intellectually either.  I am certainly not the same person today I was at 17.  I can't imagine being held responsible with my life for something I did at 17.  At that age most of who I was had to do with my childhood life experiences, which weren't good.  They were aweful, but not criminal on the part of my parents, but I was still affected.  It took years of experience and life to become who I am today.
I would have to disagree with that, i'm only 16 but i know the difference between right and wrong and that killing someone will get me put away for a long time.  It doesn't take a genius to know not to shoot someone.  There was a school shooting at my school in 2 weeks after the columbine shootings here in Taber Alberta.  Do you know how scary it is knowing that the kid who shot a friend of yours right before your eyes is going to get released from jail in 3 years?  I read in the news paper that this kid is still showing violent tendancies nand they want to release him still.  Its been three years since the shooting and his parents live block away from me, I don't want him back here.

What about the 12 year old who killed a 6 year old.  He didn't get the death penalty, but did get life in prison.  I don't think it is right to still be punishing a person at 40 say for something they did at 12.

As for this, i don't know.  Is this the one where the kid tied the 6 year old kid so his head was onthe trian tracks?  I think thats an offence that should be life sentance.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should juveniles be sent to the death chamber?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,